Clear All

Re: Picturetrail upgrade

Smile Nice Smile

Comment

Doug-when i go to the link
      picturetrail/ridley-i get the girl eating a sandwich
      when i go to the link at the bottom of the message
      picturetrail/douglasridley i get your carvings.

Frank
      Safety first

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help and comments. I still have some tweaking to do and some additions but I'm glad to get this done. It has been a real hassle for an old geezer who is not real computer savvy.

Comment

Doug,

You may want to edit your original post with the correct website.....
          Member of Caricature Carvers of America
          My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Mitchell-- If I understand you right, I've done that. (I hope).

Comment

doug, did you change your url to this
              http://www.picturetrail.com/artinwood

or did some gremlin get into the mix again?

this brings us to the same site as www.picturetrail.com/douglasridley used to. Now the latter seems to be unusable.

Al

Comment

Doug,

I was referring to your first post on this thread....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, I just spent $20 and 2 days upgrading my free website to a paid account and after the fact I discover that anyone who wants to look at my website can't just click on www.picturetrail.com/artinwood , they also have to go to PT Home and type in my user name, douglasridley, in lowercase letters. This makes it virtually useless for its intended purpose, which was to put it on my cards so that when I handed them out people could look at our carvings. As it is now setup people not only would have to know my user name but also would have to find where to put it after logging on to the URL. I asked in advance what my URL would be and they told me, but I assumed that would take people directly to my website. WRONG! I have written to them and asked if there is any way they can change it to a direct link but haven't received an answer yet. If they can't change it I'm going to ask for a cancellation and a refund. I may not get it but I just wanted anybody who is thinking about upgrading their free account to be aware.. I probably shouldn't have expected much for 20 bucks a year so maybe it's partly my own fault.Anyway, that's my story. If any of you know anything about this let me know. I am a very dissatisfied customer of Picture Trail."

People reading this thread from the first post will be directed to the incorrect site.
                Member of Caricature Carvers of America
                My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Doug, I added the correct URL to your first post...ya might want to go back and edit your text to match the situation, or just leave it as most of the new readers will log onto page 2 anyway.

Doug's URL is
                  www.picturetrail.com/artinwood

Al

Comment

Working...
                  X