X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny_S
    replied
    Re: New WCI Issue?

No more moaning eh? Well, not untill the next issue! Just Monkey ing around.
    Glad ya got it Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Well......would you believe I got it today? And for those of you that care......my wife found the fox LOL..................already emailed it in! Phoenix gets it 8 days before we do? Ours I think goes thru Las Vegas?

Leave a comment:

• Canopener
    replied

Well Dave,
    You ain't gonna like this, but I got mine around the 7th or 8th, and it seems like I always get mine before you. As you know we are only about 150 miles apart, as well as 150 from the "Sticker Patch". I think they call that a politically correct triangle.
    Flagstaff has always thought of itself as the red headed step child, but I have no idea why you guys are behind us on mail. I know there are a bunch of trucks running RT 98 between PHX and LV, and Kingman is just about dead center. Just not logistical.
    If you want, call me up [it's almost local] and I'll read all the good parts and lie about the photos, and you won't have to move your lips and carve at the same time. That should produce some kind of winner.
    But seriously, sorry you have not got it, it is one of the better ones. Squarebriggs has a great article/pictorial, as well as your Santa, so congratulations to you also.
    Good things come to those that wait.
    Jim
    P.S. Donna, Us here in the High Country of Arizona are hoping and praying for a real winter in short order. Perks or no perks.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but hoping to find it in the mail box today. I have been grieving, listening to all of the reports of what is in this issue. Like Marci, I thought maybe there was an error and my subscription had run out. Was already to call and wine and snuff about my missing issue

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied

Don't worry, Marci...you'll get several notices when your subscription is coming due. There is a description of what the barcodes and numbers mean off and on in the magazine--but it wasn't in the Spring issue...

But you will get notices in the mail!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MDWine
    replied

I dunno if I count, Dave. I just subscribed several weeks ago, so I suspect that I won't see it for a long time.

I live in Northern Virginia, I'll let you know when I get it.

I got the "collectors package" from WCI in less than a week, if memory serves...

Hope you get yours soon!

Leave a comment:

• Marci MN
    replied

My magazine showed up Feb. 3rd I believe. It could have been sitting in the mailbox a few days since we couldnt get out to get the mail.

Is there a code on the shipping label that gives clues on when your subscription runs out? Something niggles my brain that those numbers mean something along the lines of when your subcription started and runs out. BobD?? And do we get a notice of last issue? I dont wanna miss any issues...

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Know what you mean Dave. I married one those Missouri gals. Ya got to watch'em

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Originally posted by Donna_T
    Dave, I hate to rub salt in the sore spots, but I got mine on Wednesday, Feb 8th. Personally, I think it's cause you live in the warm sunshine--so your magazines take longer as a perk for those of us liviing in the real winter.

All joking aside, I don't think it's got anything to do with WCI--it's all in how that kind of mail is handled. Would you like me to photocopy 5-6 pages of it and send it to you when I get mine, just to tide you over?

We feel your pain!Head Bange
    Donna T
    Yeh you hate to rub it it! I can hear the snickers way over here! lol, and whaddya mean" those of us living in the real winter?" You have any idea the cost of T-shirts nowadays and the time and expense to keep'em clean? Cowboy

Leave a comment:

• mdallensr
    replied

Dave, I got mine Friday, but was starting to wonder if my subscription had expired after hearing others talk about the new issue. We seem to run a little late here in Ohio. I think we're all at the mercy of the USPC; bulk rates for magazines don't get the best service. And, everyone has to read your magazine down at the post office before you get it. Maybe you should get more subscribers in your town, huh? You should be grateful you're not in one of those foreign countries like New Mexico. Mike

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Nancy, do you get "Turkey Carving Illustrated"? Is there a forum from that mag? Can you recomend the best turkey carving knife? Do you use power or just hand tools? Do you buy your birds plucked or do you use roughouts with the feathers on? What did you think about the Thanksgiving issue? Is it possible to get reprints of issue #1? Oh, I have a million questions that I hope you can help with.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Same here in SEK which is about a 100 mileswest of Donna. Feb 8th.

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied

Dave, I hate to rub salt in the sore spots, but I got mine on Wednesday, Feb 8th. Personally, I think it's cause you live in the warm sunshine--so your magazines take longer as a perk for those of us liviing in the real winter.

All joking aside, I don't think it's got anything to do with WCI--it's all in how that kind of mail is handled. Would you like me to photocopy 5-6 pages of it and send it to you when I get mine, just to tide you over?

We feel your pain!Head Bange
    Donna T

Leave a comment:

• Tom-H
    replied

I believe that the speed at which a magazine arrives from the printer is directly related to the amount of postage the publisher pays. I send packages from Ohio to California several times a month, shipped PRIORITY MAIL. Gets there in 2 days. Book rate is somewhat cheaper, but it may take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
    TOM H

Leave a comment:

• Nancy-ID
    replied

Hi-Ho, I think it has to do with the part of the country we live in. I get several publications on poultry as well as the Carving mags. I never get my stuff before the 20th or so of the month when others have already had theirs a week or two. I think it all comes down to USPS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X