X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marci MN
    replied
    Re: New WCI Issue?

I wonder what they'd think if they got an email saying someone found the fox.. under Wood Carving Illistrated, under off topic, under post "New WCI Issue", page 4... LOL

Leave a comment:

• JIM QUILICI
    replied

I got mine yesterday at (wed. 2/22...2:27pm) yep almost in time for the next issue.

Just old Jim

Leave a comment:

• Don by the lake
    replied

for those of you who can't find the fox.
    I found it! Here it is:
    Wink

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

Well Bob, I saw you in a magazine store yesterday. But my issue hasn't arrived yet. Should have bought the copy I had in my hands, but thought mine surely would be here today. I didn't dare thumb through the copy, only look at the cover. clerk was watching me too sharp.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Morning folks, finally got a copy of the new issue! My friendly book store recieved theirs yesterday and called me right away. So that's what all the fuss is about! I see that guy evey day when I shave, only he doesn't look that good........more grey!

Thanks BobD and the folks at WCI, you did a wonderful job with the mess I gave ya. Sam's (my daughter) pictures look great, she's very excited, her first magazine cover, and an international one at that! Her daughter looked at it and said: "There's Grampie!!!" That's the highest praise indeed!! Smile

Bob

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Tick tock, tick tock.....it's like waiting for water to boil! At least I know the magazine has made it to the province. Had a phone call from my cousin David in Sussex last night, poor lad thought he was seein' things! Pat (his wife) brought home the magazine for him to read (look at the pictures really )
    "What you doin' on the front of that magazine, I figured it was True Crime at first and you was stealin' that ship!"
    "Some proud of Sam's photography for the cover, seein' as she didn't have much to work with!"

Still no sign of the post office mule up here. Maybe today!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• JIM QUILICI
    replied

oh where ....oh where ...is my wci gone ! i feel just like when I was a kid waiting for Christmas to come. I never ever said I wasn't just a kid at heart.
    Just old Jim

Leave a comment:

• MDWine
    replied

I decided not to wait... I bought one Saturday night... Haven't found the fox from ANY issue yet!

ho hum....

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

Mine still hasn't arrived. That ship will need refit before I get my issue. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Nancy-G
    replied

I received mine Friday - FINALLY. Squrbrigg's cover is so beautiful it is worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Originally posted by Hi_Ho_Sliver
    Well......would you believe I got it today? And for those of you that care......my wife found the fox LOL..................already emailed it in! Phoenix gets it 8 days before we do? Ours I think goes thru Las Vegas?
    Talking Hey CONGRATULATIONS! I have yet to find that little varmit!
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• brushpilecarvings
    replied

I just subscribed this past Wednesday (Feb 15th). I didn't get any email or confirmation about it, so I called the subscription services. It went through smoothly, then I asked when I'd get the first issue. The rep said it will ship out on March 10th, since they only ship once a month. She also said that I'll get the Ultimate Carving Patterns book with it. When I placed the subscription order, I was given 3 freebie options, Power Carving #3, Santa Carving with Myron Bowman, and 2006 Carving Pattern Collection. I chose Power Carving #3, but I guess I'm getting the Ultimate Carving Patterns instead, which is fine, I just got a pretty good deal on a lot of basswood on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    replied

Dave I got mine on the 7th.....and there AIN'T no FOX in mine anywhere!

I think it's got something to do with NSA. There is a micro-thin electronic chip planted somewhere in my copy, and only after someone says they found the fox and then the next issue shows a picture of it, the chip activates and the FOX appears in my copy.

I got this scam figgered out! And you thought only foreighn terrorists were the target of electronic surveilance.....HAH!

Al

Leave a comment:

• JIM QUILICI
    replied

well I have to do a little wineing also, I haven't got mine either. the saying goes " neither rain or sleat or snow can slow the mail " so that is why all you guys got yours , here where it is sunny and in the 70 s it does't say anything about sun . I think I saw my mailman down at the beach. that is why we ( me ) haven't got ours (mine).

Just old Jim

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Okay Hi Ho, I'll take over the moaning for you now! Smile

Still no sign of the issue up in the backwoods of the Great White North! I know we are a little behind up here and a little hard to get to, but geez, I know the snowmobiles are still getting through.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X