Rain...16 inch prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain...16 inch prediction

Yes, this has been the year of major changes....I live in rainforest...smile and we have a head on storm coming. At times they are worst then the hurricanes....16 inches in one day is managable as it runs down the mountains into the ocean...but the neighbors that live down below...may get flooded out this time. Will not be the first time I seen cars floating down the valley. Our road will become a water fall....that may be a great picture. The only thing that is major protected....smile,... is my shop and my wood and my kitty cats....and that folks,... is what you call a wood carver. The house, we will see??
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Re: Rain...16 inch prediction

Good Luck, Di. Batten down the hatches.
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

Comment

I saw some heavy rains growing up in Louisiana. Mainly associated with hurricanes. But, can't even imagine 16" being associated with manageable. I'll bet the aftermath will be something to see.

Glad your carving shop is protected. Reminds me of what I have heard several times at carving sessions: "Uh OH! Knife slipped!" Followed quickly by a second voice calling out, "Don't bleed on the carving!"

Good luck with the storm.

Comment

Hope you weather the storm safely...good luck.

Comment

Only once have I experienced an honest 12" in 12 hours. 16" will be quite a marathon.
          Please do take a picture of your road. If you dare to go out in this.
          Brian T

Comment

Do you get any kind of beast seeking higher ground during these storms? I can't image that much rain! I've seen flash floods, but that was after days of rain. Hope your cupboards are stocked, in case the stores are in the valley below.

Comment

With a 16" forecast, I have to wonder where in the world you are. I am guessing the Philippines. Or maybe one of those peaks in Hawaii.

I shudder because I live at the low point of our neighborhood. A couple of inches sends me out into the street to keep the storm drain clear, lest we get inundated.

edit: I just now noticed that your profile include a Location of Hawaii. Well, keep your higher ground and hopefully it is out of the way of the main gully washes.
              HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

I was stationed in South Carolina, and that was my first experience with rowboats in a street. New Yorkers get Frankenstorm, and get flooded, and they think they've been through the mill. New Yorkers unless from upstate, have it made with mother nature. Carolina's on down get nailed with Frankenstorms 2 to 3 times a year! We have no way of knowing. I've seen the down pours of the Philippines, and flooded towns. 'Bayanihan anyone?....??' Seem's you've been going through quite a few storms of your own Di... I commend you on your strength!

Comment

Di! Keep your life preserver on!

Comment

Well just got done cleaning out all my....drainage ditches that I have made over the years. It rains hard here......I am raised and born girl from Dayton Ohio, mom would have all of us posted at each side of the house watching for tornado s... but I have never seen rain like it does here.... it is more like buckets then rain drops. I live on the mountain side, and as long as my drainage works...it waterfalls down the mountain. In fact I bet the waterfalls after this storm will be outstanding to see. The wind is at 45 miles steady with gust up to 60 .... but you can not trust the weather people at all....one storm years ago... they said,... gust where 35 miles....I was getting ninety....getting blasted from coconuts from the coconut trees. Darn coconuts hitting the roof in the middle night was insane!!! as you did not know if it was a tree or a coconut. I have major disaster training...from the good ole days, in fact if I knew about chasing storms in my younger years, I would have been a storm chaser. Who knows we may get some major great wood from down trees after this one.
                    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi Di, the way it looked on TV is it's going to be a big storm, so you better get your Boots on. Stay Well. Merle

Comment

Stay high and dry, and the storm drains open... I have seen flash floods and some pretty heavy rain, even a few tornadoes, but not 16". I wish you well. Amy

Comment

TV is showing us your coast and how the wind is increasing ...... I'm holding you in my prayers.

Comment

Hope you have a safe spot to ride it out.
                            Terry

Comment

Stay safe Di!

Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X