I've Sure Missed You Folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Sure Missed You Folks!

Hi Everyone! We've been in Tennessee for a week; took the month of February off from "work" to "work" on our new place here. Planting a vinyard, fruit trees, nut trees, fixing the road, getting everything set up...just got internet service today, sure missed it, especially seeing what's going on in you Folks lives and what you're carving! Still haven't got to carve here, but I'm unloading a trailer-load of wood tomorrow.
    Hoping to get started building a shop soon..........
    I'll be looking in every day now!
    Good to be back!
    Wade

Re: I've Sure Missed You Folks!

Wade, Good to have you back online.

Comment

Welcome Back Wade!
      Kathy

Comment

Good luck with your new place. Sounds like fun. Always fun to build. I'd move every few years if the wife would let me, but she says were too old now, so got to stay put. Have fun and glad to see you posting again. Cheers

Comment

Welcome back Wade. We've missed ya! Glad to hear your news, the excitement of the new place comes through in your note. I hope you will keep us posted with pics too! Wink

Wish I was closer to "watch" you build your new shop, and give you pointers! You have the opportunity to incorporate all the best features that we all desire.

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

welcome back..........all that ought to keep you out of trouble for a little while!Wink
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Nice to hear from you, I hope you enjoy your new place. My wife and I bought a 7 acre hobby farm last summer and boy did it take alot of work to make it OURS, but the hard work we put into it sure has paid off. Because of our northern climate, grapes don't do too well here, but I have apples, highbush crans, and a grove of saskatoon berries, and raspberries. Unfortunatly, the folks we bought this property from, let all of the fruit go untouched, unpruned for a few years, so this spring will be a major pruning operation just to re-gain some control. We also have an acre and a half of strawberries that we sell as a "you-pick" and it keeps us in lunch money.

Comment

I was just about to PM you to see if you were still around from time to time. Glad you are back and out of Hurricane alley. Hurry up and unpack and try out sittin on that porch and carvin. Welcome Back.
                Ron

Comment

Welcome back, Wade! Figured you've been a bit busy with that lovely new home of yours! Glad to have you back on line! Deborah

Comment

Welcome back Wade and congratulations on getting things in order. Glad to hear that things are coming along.

You need to take some new pictures - especially of the shop (when you get started)!
                    Member of Caricature Carvers of America
                    My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Thanks, Everybody!
                      Maybe we should start a thread on the perfect shop BEFORE I start building! I sure loved the one that was posted on here a few weeks back, the garden gazebo, enclosed for the winter, open for the summer...I'll do a search for it before I get too far along.
                      I'm thinking a 50x60 shop, but the bids coming in may either downsize it or cause me to do it myself! I'm talking to an Amish neighbor today about building it as a barn.
                      have a great day!
                      Wade

Comment

50 x60!!! uh oh! put a guest house behind it, cuz i'z movin' in! LOLCowboy
                        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Welcome back Wade, Been wonder where ya been. Watch out for Dave, he has mice!

Comment

Welcome back Wade you definatly were missed. How about those oak chairs did they make the trip as well? I am off to Ridgway next week it would have been nice if you could have made it for the auction with you there as autioneer we would be able to raise a ton of money
                            Colin
                            Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                            Jackson, MS

Comment

Working...
                            X