Vacation Thrill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Thrill

The wife and I are on an extended vacation in the West, and having a great time. We are currently at a daughters in Eastern Oregon. She lives in the country and last night the elk were bugling all night in the hay field just in front of her house. This morning I sat on her deck and was able to watch a group of elk (about 15-20) leave the field and head back into the hills for the day. Too far away for a picture, but was a magnificent sight and quite a memory was made. I just caught the tail end of their return from feeding in the field, so will get up earlier in the morning for (hopefully) a longer viewing time. The daughter says the elk feed in this field all winter, so I should get in some other good mornings of watching. Isn't nature grand?

Re: Vacation Thrill

What a glorius site it must be Slow, enjoy the stay.

Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Pretty country, innit?

S~
      Carvito ergo sum.

Comment

slow enjoy the moment post some pics when you can

Comment

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself Kent.Try and get some pictures for us flatlanders who have never seen an elk.
          Soggy
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Eastern Oregon? Baker City? Where oh where are you? Seeing & hearing those elk, pretty cool, Slow.

Comment

Sounds fantastic. Ginny

Comment

All it takes is just one, for me to tie tens of thousands of Elk hair caddis! ... Must be a sight to beholden! Thanks for the 411 Slowmover! Oregon must be amazing... Have you visited with Orygoner yet? It's been awhile since he's been on the forum. Must be working on one of his masterpieces...

Comment

Wow Kent
                  You enjoy yourself Ill just watch the traffic go past all day

Shakey

Comment

We are in Dayville OR. Orygone is a ways from here, but someday i would love to see his carvings. I wish everyone coud see some of the things we have seen on this trip...Wind Cave, the National Woodcarving Museum, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, And Newberry Caldera thus far (the major things). I haven't decided how we will return or what we will see or do on the return trip...I really haven't even decided When we will return yet. I did learn on this trip to go ahead and do the things we want to do because instead of saying "someday" we have to realize that our supply of someday's isn't as large as it once was and we need to start doing rather than planning.

Comment

It's beautiful country! I've been that way a few times in my life. Last year at this time!
                      Will you be going to northern California? It's not the same as LA!
                      If you head over to Grants Pass,Oregon and head south to Cresent City, CA then down HWY 101 and further you will see the most beautiful coast line and the biggest coastal redwood trees ever. And elk on some of the ocean beaches as you near Eureka, CA.
                      Don't go south of beautiful, most excellent Mendocino county though, the state goes to poop after that! LOL
                      All or most of No. California is magnificent!
                      This is the California I am from! Continue to have a wonderful vacation!
                      My ETSY shop:
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

If/when you find yourself driving by metro-Portland, don't forget to wave!

S~
                        Carvito ergo sum.

Comment

Wow! Congrats on your magnificent vacation trip. Besides the joys of visiting your
                          family, you have seen some fantastic places. Since you don't have your return trip
                          planned I have one suggestion you might consider. If you have never seen the Grand
                          Canyon, that would be a great place to see if at all possible. We were able to see it
                          one time and I was sorry that we didn't have enough time to see more of it. It is such
                          a beautiful and awesome sight that I could stare at it for hours.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                          X