Sacramento Wood Working Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento Wood Working Show

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be close enough to actually go to the Sacramento Wood Working Show. It was held in Sacramento at the Cal Expo. I had never been to a big show like that and was really thrilled to go. I knew I would see vendors and big equipment, but I was hoping to see some smaller wood working tools too.

everyone inside is really excited and so so nice! There were people demonstrating tools and head cold or not, I could smell wood being loved everywhere! It was awesome!

And Look!
    I was thinking of you guys!

Lots of cool stuff and lots of brilliant inspiration-everywhere!

Re: Sacramento Wood Working Show

Oh lord. I drooled all over this booth!

I think I will be making one of these! I have always wanted to steam wood and I think that may be my new direction! Well, one of them anyway!

then I saw these bad boys and was completely sidetracked

Comment

Headed Home and out the door with my new goodies and so excited to get home and put them to some wood!

but oh lookit! I may not even have to wait that long! How AWESOME! A local man with all his milled awesomness! He has such amazing selections! I was in salvaged wood heaven!

and the wee box of hardwood blanks for a dollar?! Good Lord-Hair Stick Heaven! I think I even skipped over to the box!

All the big carving tools and machines aside, there was one thing I was looking for and had not seen yet. ANd then I found them.

The Capitol WoodCarvers assoc. Sacramento chapter!
      They were so absolutely awesome! I asked them if they were the group I had read an advert for in the bag of a WCI issue a few months past and they said yep! They placed one add, and I happened to have caught it! I am very excited to say that they will have a woodcarving show in May, it's a huge huge statewide event with carvers climbing out of the woodwork to attend, and yes, I am going! I may even enter a few of my pieces, who knows?
      If you have never been to a show, my hopes are that you will go. If you hear of one, try and make it. We drove an hour and it was totally worth it! I picked up tons of literature, saw so many amazing demos, met really cool new people and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I will be going again next year for certain!

Comment

Yeah! I could see any of us here, enjoying that show. Glad you got to go. Thanks for the pics and narration.

Comment

That's pretty sweet!

Comment

Wow. I would need to rob a bank if I went there. I would want one of everything I'm sure. Thanks for posting. Ginny

Comment

Okay, you have me drooling! So glad you had such a wonderful time at the show. I went to the Kaw Valley Woodcarvers show in Topeka, KS this past weekend. Small show but world's of talent on display and a vendor who had the Denny knife I'd been looking for. Won't ever find that many great, friendly, and ready to help folks in one place than you find at a woodcarver's show!

Comment

Looks like you had an exciting experience, Keoma.

Comment

Thanks Keoma for taking the time to post these pictures for those of us who are too far away to attend most shows
                  Soggy
                  If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I know there are a lot of retiree carvers there in Sacramento Ca. My wife's mother lives in Yuba nice place to relax for sure......

Comment

That would be a great show to attend. Thanks for sharing all the pics. Nice looking
                      displays of wood, too, with a lot of tempting looking pieces.

Ray

Comment

Good show and nice pics
                        thanks for sharing

Shakey

Comment

Working...
                        X