Where were you on november 22, 1963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where were you on november 22, 1963

I can remember it like it was yesterday I was 5yo playing in our family room when I heard my Mother scream will never forget that, ran into her setting on the couch watching a B/W TV just a crying. Was really to young to know much of what happen but to this day haven't forgot it.
    Mark N. Akers
    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

I was in the driver education car in Norman, Oklahoma. Teacher allowed the radio on during class preparing us for real driving. Was a bad day.

Bill in Omaha

Comment

I was 6 years old watching the news on my dads lap. Black&White TV with manual controls.
        Carve On,
        Kadiddle

Comment

Thanks guys and gals. This was an interesting thread!

Comment

I heard it driving from my college class to my part time job.

Comment

I also remember it well. I was pulling KP at Indian Springs AFB, Nevada scrubbing "pots and pans" when someone came into the chow hall telling us what had happened. Nobody believed it at first and it was not until after the evening chow that we got to watch some TV coverage when it became real.

Robert

Comment

Was on nights in the Police and our Tv programmes were interrupted with the news
                A bright light went out all over the world that day never to be replaced
                He was and still is in millions of hearts

Shakey

Comment

Eighth grade study hall at Hancock Jr. High School, Zanesville Ohio. The teacher turned on the radio and we were all stunned into total silence. A day that most of us will never forget. It changed America.

Comment

I was in the gymnasium (physical education class) 6th grade, Appleton, Wisconsin. The principal of our school made the announcement over the PA system. We were sent home from schoolto watch it on television with our families.

Comment

Working...
                    X