Thumb pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb pictures

when I click on a thumb picture some one has posted it will not load. Just a black square. Anyone else having that problem?

Re: Thumb pictures

Yep. I have to click on the black square to get a single larger picture.
    Bill K.
    Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

Yes, I've noticed that recently the thumbnails don't come up like they used to.
      I found that when the "dial" stops spinning in the black box, I can click on the picture in the original message and it comes right up.
      I naturally assumed that I had done something to goof something up!
      Jim

Comment

I have found if I hold the left button down for 3 to 6 seconds, the picture, about half the time will open immediately. I figured it was my computer.

Comment

Ginny I would say you have just installed Internet Explorer 11 on your machine. If you RESTORE your computer back to a restore point before the installation, I think your problem will disappear. Then set your computer to not do Automatic updates without your permission. For those who might not know how to restore go to START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, AND THEN SYSTEM RESTORE. Tell it to restore then pick restore point, pick the nearest point before the Explorer 11 install. Let it do its work. done.

Hope this helps
          Larry

Comment

Magicman -- HOW? I just got stuck with 11 and I HATE it. How do I get rid of it. I see your instructions but can't find everything. Please help. Thanks

Comment

Hi Nancy Follow the steps starting with Start follow each succeeding step, you may have tried before I put in the steps. Let me know
              Larry

Comment

Thanks every one. Yes I did install IE 11. So I'm going to try what Larry said and see it that works. Thanks again Ginny

Comment

I installed IE 11 and it caused all kinds of problems. To get rid of it you have to go into Updates in the control panel. I took it off and my problems disappeared and it restored it back to the previous version. The update thingy is in the control panel under systems and security. Click on view updates and you should be able it uninstall it from there.
                  Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry I did what you said and now every thing works great. Ginny

Comment

I tried ---- I failed. Boxes show up and I have no idea what they mean or want.

Comment

Wow Nancy.....that's funny!!! I thought I was bad.....It's a wonder we can even get on the Forum! I feel you pain, though. I have windows 8 and can't get Word to work no matter what I do! Have a Merry Christmas!
                        Sam
                        Homosassa, FL

Comment

One other suggestion (as I had the same problem with the update to IE 11)and that is to open WCI in Google Chrome. Everything will then work fine. You just have to switch to another browser if IE is you main one. It's a pain to do this but I hope in the meantime the techy guys at WCI will work on it to make IE 11 compatible. The update is here to stay and it's best to keep current as everything will eventually work under IE 11.......Just like Obama-Care....lol!

Comment

I do not use IE in any form. I use Safari and never have any issues. It is super simple to download.

Comment

Hurrah!! This morning I carried this little laptop to a young woman teaching at church school.
                              She wrote something in Search Programs and Files, clicked on something and immediately something started to download. That took maybe 5 or 6 minutes and then all was well. IE 11 is gone, 7 is back, and now nothing again can be downloaded or installed without my permission.
                              What a remarkable woman --- thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X