It Takes A village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Takes A village

Hey there my favorite carvers! I have had an idea!
    I have been kicking around the idea of a carved village for what seems like ages now. I think it will be a serious undertaking and something that I will have to set other projects aside in order to finish. Then It occurred to me, Not if I only did a building at a time. Then I thought-what if we did a collaboration? What if several or more people began to work on their own little buildings, and then what if we put them all together, took pictures and then raffled them off to a charity like St. Judes? For Children, For Christmas-FOR NEXT YEAR?
    What do you think? Would anyone be interested in participating? I think it would be beautiful to say the least and what a cool cool thing!
    We are all so busy this time of year, but maybe this will be a warm thought you can think about when you get a moments pause. It could be created over the warmer months and have it ready for next years Christmas Season. What say you?
    I hope you are all having a wonderful day! All my love!

Re: It Takes A village

I am in... Keoma. I have been serious thinking about another project, but me in the islands, ....the only way I could do it was if I could travel to the mainland....something that is very expensive for me. The last project the Hilly Billy one,... we did some four years ago....had some major problems. Do to lack of organization.....the work was all different sizes and it was too massive, plus it needed special people just to do the different kinds of work of organization and working together. Plus people to take over when others could not do it. Three top people got serious ill,....put the whole project on stand still. We had the people coming from everywhere with great ideas and willing to come aboard...., but the lack of serious organization made it hard on everyone. Many people took on projects that where too big, too hard and they never finished it. With no one to follow up on everyones carving, if they were doing it. I say if your serious about this, we need people first to be in charge and make what is to be done from beginning to end, and a full scale measurement in inches....like what is the inches of a building.....of a person, and a tree? The carves will come second, and they will come.... we had over 300 hundred people show up willing to do things...but do to lack of people in charge...I think there were only 40 some that was able to do anything in spite of many issues.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Thanks so much for the in and for your thoughts! I have been thinking of measurements and scale and have started sketching and writing things down. I will post a sign up list with a who's who and what they would like to do. It would be great if the whole thing could be done potluck style,with a list of what we want in our village, people, trees, buildings,wishing wells, lamp posts...dogs. and then once those have been picked, we could add any extras that come up or as carvers join. Thanks again!

Comment

I'm In, especially if St Judes is the charity of choice.

Poss we end up with variations and create more than one diorama

Keoma, I'm willing to help any way you need.
        Buffalo Bif
        www.bflobif.com

Comment

Fabulous! Thank you so much!

Comment

Keoma, that could be an interesting project to work on. I would like to get in on that,
            myself, after the proper scale of the buildings is worked out. They would have to be big enough, but not too big, that the people, dogs, cars, and other objects could be scaled to the proper size. Also, not too many of one particular item so we end up with sort-of
            balanced variety. It could be fun and interesting to see what would turn up to furnish a
            village.
            I think DiLeon has a good point about some organization of it. But, personally, I wouldn't
            qualify in that department.

And, St. Judes would be an excellent choice of charities.

Lots of luck with this. I hope it will work out.

Ray

Comment

I would be happy to carve one or two pieces. Sounds like it could be a fun project.

Comment

Huzzah! Thank you so much! I am very excited to get this all organized and all sorted out! I wanted to first put my feelers out there and see if anyone else showed interest. I am so glad! After the holidays I plan on posting an official thread and sign up with details and measurements! Thanks again you guys! I am really excited!

Comment

the village is a good idea, I had the idea earlier of doing a bunch of comfort birds or little baskets out of scrap. would you accept those?

Comment

Where would they be raffled off ?

Comment

Working...
                    X