X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Cahill
    replied
    Re: carving videos

Merle I checked it out after reading your post and it worked fine for me. Perhaps it was a temporary glitch.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied

Hi Bob, the Outwest Woodcarving Site of Lynns gets Blocked on my PC, Don't know why. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Robert Cahill
    replied

Terry, Yes I haven't tried that with a gouge yet I did do the Indian but mostly with a knife. I have a lot of thing to try out now.
    Mark I did let him know after watching the first two videos how great they were. I received the one you did on the civil war soldier for Christmas one year so I knew how well done they were.
    Bob T I agree Lynn has a great site I did do his Gabby Hayes tutorial and also a horse from his tutorial .
    Oscar CarvingVideos.com

Leave a comment:

• Bob Tamillo
    replied

For even more video instruction go on Lynn Doughty's web-site at: OutWestWoodCarving
    These carve along videos are the best and Lynn very generously offer them Free to all of us. His expertise, knowledge and carving technique(s) are an excellent instruction tool and you'll gain a tremendous amount of experience by following along.

Leave a comment:

• John Ponder
    replied

Robert,
    I have the same videos you got and received two of Mark Akers for Christmas. GREAT carvers on well produced videos!!

I get mine from carvingvideos.com

Now I need to contact Mark for some roughouts.

John

Leave a comment:

• torpidhummer
    replied

Mark and others, where did you purchase these videos,
    thanks.
    Oscar

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

Robert, you have definitely got some good ones their, Carving Videos does an excellent job editing them also, send them an email telling them what you think of them also, that lets Dave know how people like them.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

Yup, all great videos but I totally agree with you on Steve's video. All of his videos are excellent, imo.

One of the things I recall learning from Allen's video was how to shape a block of wood down to manageable size using large gouges.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Cahill
    started a topic carving videos

carving videos

I was given two videos last month for my anniversary Carving an Indian from a block with Allen Goodman and Carving an Elf Ornament with Wayne Shiniever. Both are excellent videos. For Christmas I was given Carving a Wizard from a Block with Steve Brown and this is really an outstanding video in my opinion. I learned from all three but Steve's really is going to help my carvings. All from Carving Videos.com. I am just a happy customer giving my opinion have not meant any of these gentlemen.
Working...
X