Burrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burrrrrr

Good list Kd. It always amazes me the differences in temperature tolerance around the states. I live in Amarillo TX, and most think all of Texas is a hot, desert...far from the truth. We get snow here regularly, the wind always blows, and the polar air sweeps down regularly. I have lived in Nebraska where the lowest the still air temperature got while I lived there was 29 below. I lived in Idaho and it got to -52 air temp one night (not wind chill). The coldest I ever felt was in Amarillo where the lowest temp I ever remember is -12...but the wind was horrible. In Idaho,it frequently was 40 below during the day that winter, but zero humidity, zero wind, and the sun shining bright and it was pleasant (although you could still frostbite a nose or ear quick if you forgot to cover up). It is all in what you are used to, those that live where it is cold can take the cold, those that live where it is hot cannot. Be safe, cover up, and don't forget to hydrate, it is very easy to dehydrate in super cold. Stay safe.

Comment

I'm ready for one of these.
      Terry

Comment

Ken actually it got down to 50 last few nights....which is outstanding cold for the islands, .... we have no heaters in our homes....so I got my heating pad out and slept with it last night. An note, I think it has been snowing on the summit. We Hawaiians,.... have a major lack of body function to keep us warm....so everyone is wearing winter coats, which the tourist think is funny. Al Gore and his global warming .....every **** fool knows in science when the earth heats up....it then goes into a major cooling stage, sometimes even an ice age. I have been thinking,.... we have seen nothing yet.... One thing about the cold.....a warm bed is sure cozy and hot, meal taste like heaven. Actually me and the cats are ready for this cold!!!
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

It is warming up it was 22 below Sunday night now it is 22 above (in the sun)
          Herb

Comment

I know what you mean about cold weather, the temperature
            in Southern California dropped 75% to 70% and will remain
            between those two temps through out the week, LOL.
            Oscar

Comment

It hit -30 something here last night....Coldest I ever saw was -58 about 26 years back.. As cold as it gets around here, Lake Superior never seems to freeze over. Some folks even fill the radiators in their cars with lake Superior water instead of anti freeze!

Al

Comment

Originally posted by alarchie View Post
                it hit -30 something here last night....coldest i ever saw was -58 about 26 years back.. As cold as it gets around here, lake superior never seems to freeze over. Some folks even fill the radiators in their cars with lake superior water instead of anti freeze!

Al
                lol!
                Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry... RoboPlow is definetly the way to go!

Comment

Working...
                  X