Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Cold Bear

I guess my pet bear cub was so busy holding our WELCOME sign that he clean
    forgot to hibernate. He is up to his armpits in snow.

His nose is so cold that he has a little pile of snow on it. LOL.

Ray

Re: One Cold Bear

Looks pretty cold over there Ray! We had a bit of snow last week, but it's been raining and blowing here for the last 24 hrs. and all our snow is gone (for now anyway) If that bear was in my yard he'd need a life preserver ............
    No wonder my user name is Soggy
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I'd laugh but I'm from Michigan too. The snow drooped down like a waterfall over the side of my roof. It went down so far that it blocked the view from my kitchen window. No icicles, just a wall of snow. Never seen anything like it before. It lasted almost two days before the warm temps caused it to fall.
      Terry

Comment

you couldn't have it any better if you planed it.

Comment

Funny!

Comment

Hello, Soggy, up where you live, I would have thought all you would be getting is more snow. We had 16 to 18 inches here with brutal cold temps all last week. Then yesterday
            it started warming up and it is now 10 degrees above freezing and the snow and ice is dropping pretty good for now. Monday it is supposed to drop back down but not as brutal
            as it was last week.

Hi, Terry, it has been a strange winter, hasn't it? With the weather bouncing up and
            down like it has. Say, I was wondering if you ever got in touch with Winfield's to order
            their catalog of patterns? The catalog is free and they have so many good patterns.
            They also have a catalog of scroll saw patterns. In case you never got around to it
            and are still interested, here is their website again. Wood Plans, Full-size Woodcraft Patterns and Supplies

Thanks to both of you for looking and for your replies.

Ray

Comment

Thanks, Rick and Dave for your replies.

Ray

Comment

Looks like he's there 'til Spring..... Poor Guy!

Comment

I'm from Michigan, moved South when I was a kid. I still don't miss the winters up there!
                  Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Ray S. S. View Post

Hi, Terry, it has been a strange winter, hasn't it? With the weather bouncing up and
                    down like it has. Say, I was wondering if you ever got in touch with Winfield's to order
                    their catalog of patterns? The catalog is free and they have so many good patterns.
                    They also have a catalog of scroll saw patterns. In case you never got around to it
                    and are still interested, here is their website again. Wood Plans, Full-size Woodcraft Patterns and Supplies

Thanks to both of you for looking and for your replies.

Ray
                    It's been more like the winters I remember while growing up.

I have never ordered from Winfields but it looks like a neat site. Lots of stuff to explore. Thanks for the link.
                    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by GregGerard View Post
                      I'm from Michigan, moved South when I was a kid. I still don't miss the winters up there!
                      LOL! I moved north from Indiana. But most of the time I lived in Indiana the winters were fierce. I can remember every year schools would close for at least a week due to snow. We always had ice for ice fishing by Christmas. In the past 20 plus years here, with a few exceptions, ice barely shows up by January first.
                      Terry

Comment

I'm from Battle Creek. We moved away in '82. Yeah I can remember dad going out on the Ice to check the thickness before he let us kids out. I think that was always before Christmas. I do miss ice fishing, ice skating, sledding all that good stuff...but not enough to freeze my butt off.
                        Greg

Comment

Hey Guys
                          you are really getting plastered and thank the Lord it hasnt hit us over the pond yet
                          I hope that all of you and your loved ones are warm and safe
                          and if you can please send me pics as Ive never seen such snow

Take care all of you where ever you may be

Shakey

Comment

Thanks, guys for all your nice replies.

Yup, Tonto, I think you are right because the poor Guy's feet are probably frozen to the ground, and will be until spring. He'll be sorry he never ducked for cover. LOL.

Hello, Greg, yes, it is definitely milder down there. But according to the weather news last week, you were getting it much colder than usual. Luckily it's only temporary.

Terry, you are welcome. I've used several of their patterns.

Hi. Mike, glad you liked it. I'll see if I have any other snow pics.

Ray

Comment

He, he, poor bear. I wonder how he would do here this week? We have forecasts of up to 42 degrees Celsius with hot northerlies gusting up from the desert. Same sort of conditions we had here for our Black Saturday fires of 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X