A Wing and a Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wing and a Prayer

As some of you know, i have been going through a series of ailments the past 2 years that has progressively gotten worse. I have been afflicted with prostate problems, urinary problems, and heart problems. These ailments have really come into prominence the last 6 months. At times i often feel weak, tired and the most tell tale problem, shortness of breath with heart palpitations. I have already gone through a battery of tests, and the prostate surgery to date. As well, i have already started preparations for the corrective heart procedure, which will begin tuesday. My cardiac catheterization showed no blockages found in the main arteries surrounding the heart. Once these preparation procedures are complete with out any complication, i will then be moved onto surgery, which they will then commence corrective heart surgery. My conditions as of late have really hindered me and my work. Often times, i feel moody with dizzy spells and troubled breathing. Some days i wake up with congestion problems. Heart palpatations seem to be more and more frequent, as well as numbness in my extremities from time to time... These conditions were thought to be attributable to anxiety or panic attack for some time. It was Dr Sean Heffron that reassured me that these symptoms so often occur with mitral valve regurgitation. Anyways, i'm hoping and praying for the success of the surgery. I was told that the recovery period is approximately 4-6 weeks, and can take as long as two months. I am really struggling to do anything now, especially write this thread. I would like to thank God for people like Dr. Eugene Grossi who will be conducting the surgery on me and has reassured me of success. I would also like to thank the many of the staff and the administration of the VA NY Harbor Health Care System, as well, NYU Medical University who's Cardiac Thoracic research team work inconjuction with the VA Harbor Health System, to provide the best care for myself and many veterans alike. Special thanks to Dr. Wanda Ayala, thoracic surgery coordinator, Nursing cardiac practitioner- Kathleen Woods, and lastly my personal cardiologist - Dr. Sean Heffron. I'm getting a second chance here, a gift, something that my mother or my aunt whom succumbed to this, were unable to receive this needed procedure. They were both in their late 50's, i am 46 yrs of age. I know i'm young, but there are 1.5% Americans that have this condition. I am fortunate, and will forever wholy be indebted to the miracle workers at the VA. I know i haven't been on much as of late, as this condition seems to incapacitate me. The last two weeks have been in and out of the hospital. Hopefully the next two weeks will keep me from frequenting a hospital throughout the spring and summer. The business has really taken off. As of recent, i haven't been able to accomplish much of anything because of my current condition. I will leave links below, so that you can observe the razor scale pieces i have carved on display. God willing and hopeful that i can share my future creations with all my carvinectomous brothers and sisters here at WCI unrelated to the business. I will try to keep you posted after the surgery on my condition. Take care and God Bless.....
    - @aastraightrazors - A & A Custom Straight Razors's photos on Instagram | OnInStagram
    - DOUBLE SIDED Custom Razor A & A CUSTOM STRAIGHT RAZORS Online Store Powered by Storenvy
    - A & A CUSTOM STRAIGHT RAZORS on Storenvy

Re: A Wing and a Prayer

You are in my prayers. It sounds like you have the right team for the task at hand. Good luck to you and GOD Bless.
    Joyce2011

Comment

Rob. I pray that God will Bless you . Heal you and bring you much happiness. I do believe in the power of prayer. Ginny

Comment

Rob
        I hope your surgery goes well and you are back to carving in the near future. God bless you
        Larry

Comment

I'm so sorry for your health problems, but I will pray and along with a lot of people on this site and I'm sure you will turn out in good shape. fred k

Comment

Best of luck. You're in our prayers. Looking forward to hearing great results from you!

Chin up, and keep a positive outlook!
            Arthur

Comment

I will keep you in my prayers
              Herb

Comment

Rob, I will be seriously adding my prayers for your improved health. It's hard enough when you can't do the things you have to do, but when you can't do the things you love to do it can really affect the mind and emotions. Here's hoping it's all on the up side from here on!

Comment

Prayers are on the way Rob, Good Luck and get well soon. Merle

Comment

Best wishes Rob, Those are some very cool razors.

Tom
                    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hope you have a full recovery from your health problems. Keep your spirits up, eh. You have a lot of folks in your corner.
                      Terry

Comment

I have spent a great deal of time in healing and recovery and seriously down time....I know how bad it can get when your popping in and out of the hospital. The moods, lack of energy, issues on top of issues... surgery because there are no more choices. Just take it easy and enjoy little moments...for that will give you strength to meet each day ahead. When your feeling better then you can start to do some of old things... I made myself a list a page long of things I can do while in down time, it helps me keep busy and the mind busy also. Wish you the best and lots of prayers coming your way.... Di
                        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Rob,

Thoughts and prayers are with you. take care and speedy recovery.

God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X