Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 2014 Site problems - comments and questions

Today I have the site back thats great
    but there appears to be tons of missing threads and none of the stuff Ive put on over the last couple of weeks has vanished
    Sincerely hope that Bob has not been drawn away from his sick family and Im sure we wish them all a speedy recovery

Shakey

Re: Site back???

I work on the internet, manage a busy-ish website in the wood industry and I can tell you the techies behind the scenes have their hands full. You might think a website has 'no moving parts' but all those electrons moving around have a different idea. What may seem like a simple change or repair or upgrade can turn into a Gordian knot in a microsecond. Murphy rules on the interweb, I'm sure things will be back to normal, soon as possible. Kudos to those who work behind the scenes.
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

Comment

Thanks Shakey and Buffalo Bif!

The techies had to restore the site to Friday's back-up while we scan the data since Friday. We will try our best to restore everything but if we find anything malicious we may be stuck with the data from Friday...

Thanks again to all for their support, patience, and understanding of those moving electrons!

Comment

Am I missing something?

HI, are there more than a few pages missing on this Caricacture Carving Forum? Is this a result of the WCI website issue that just happened? My recent post is missing along with quite a few others from the past week. The dates of the posts on page 1 are for today (1/29/14) and then show posts from 1/23/14.
        Thank you for looking into this.
        Dave
        http://oneofakindwoodcarvings.blogspot.com

Comment

re: Jan 2014 Site problems - comments and questions

I believe there were issues with the website that caused them to have to restore it from a backup that was several days old. I think they are trying to scan and import data that may be missing, but it is possible that it may not all get restored, depending on the problems with the data.
          'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
          http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dave, I don't thin k they fixed much of anything, I get the this page cannot be displayed a lot I mean a whole lot and have been all of 2014 posting this is iffy
            Herb

Comment

I suggest we all be a little patient. I have faith that the WCI group will do everything thay can to remedy the forum issues.

Comment

On ya techies, job well done! Your efforts are not unnoticed.

Comment

weird

has something happened to the forum , lots of posts seem to have vanished.can't see any for 25th 26th 27th of this month..........or is it just my computer?????????????????? mack

Comment

Re: weird

The techies had to reset back to a safe date.They are searching for malicious posts also.
                    To God be the Glory, Amen.

Comment

Well done Rottier and all your lads
                      its been nice for some one such as your self to keep us up to date

Shakey

Comment

Should we repost the threads that were lost?
                        Dave
                        http://oneofakindwoodcarvings.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by CosmoQ View Post
                          Should we repost the threads that were lost?
                          Dave
                          The tech guys have said that they're scanning and hoping to recover the posts since the backup date, so hold off doing a pile of re-posts until they have had a chance to complete their work.

Comment

Re: Jan 2014 Site problems - comments and questions

Things are working more smoothly now.
                            Herb

Comment

Re: Jan 2014 Site problems - comments and questions

admire you guys, it must be a nightmare sorting stuff out like that.........hats off to you......mack

Comment

Working...
                              X