Winter storm for the Maritimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter storm for the Maritimes

The Maritimes are being pummeled by a sever winter storm, the one that came up the east coast of the U.S. Our friend Bob Squarebriggs is getting a lot of wind and snow. I wouldn't want to be on the ferry in the Bay of Fundy right now. Mike
    Matthew

Re: Winter storm for the Maritimes

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind thoughts, my friend. I'm just glad I don't have to go outside today, a real snowhurricane blowing out there. Could be worse, in Cape Breton the winds reached over 200 km/h during the afternoon, and heavy snow. We are getting off lightly compared to that. The Miramichi is white outed right now, but we still have power and snug for the night.

Keep on carving, all the best.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

You all take care my friends
      stay warm and safe

Shakey

Comment

I'm happy to report that the storm has passed (at least here on the south coast of Nova Scotia) and boy oh boy was it a doozie! We've got snow banks like I haven't seen since I was a kid. I personally made out better than a lot of folks up here. Didn't even loose electrical power although there's still 3-4 thousand customers without service this morning in other parts of the province.
        .......................now to get off the computer and go out and start shoveling........
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Glad to hear that you weathered the storm okay Soggy, take your time shovelling out. Too many folks drop from heart attacks while shovelling snow. My daughter came and dug us out today!

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Working...
          X