E-BAY change password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-BAY change password

There's an article in todays paper warning everyone to change their password. Just wanted to let everyone know. Ginny

Re: E-BAY change password

Thanks for the reminder

Comment

only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else. Change your password. Ginny

Comment

and your paypal one if you have it

shakey

Comment

ABSOLUTLY , Ginny

Comment

Thanks Ginny. I heard this on the radio yesterday when I was driving and the first thing I did when I got home was change my ebay and paypal passwords. My impression is that this happened 3 months ago and we are just now hearing about it. Supposedly ebay was going to contact customers but I never received an email.
            Terry

Comment

over a year ago somebody hacked my account. i think they wanted my user name.

Comment

It's really sad that there are idiots out there who can't leave anything alone when it comes to the internet and those #%@*^!! hackers screw it up for everyone else. I had to change my passwords just a week or so ago because someone invaded a system and now I gotta do it again. And for an old fart like myself coming up with creative i.d.'s and password I can remember is quite a challenge as I have to go in and change over 30 accounts. Sometimes I think we should go back to just regular mail delivery with people writing letters, and reading hard copy books or going to the library to research things out. Technology is good up to a point.....then the jerks take over!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Tamillo View Post
                  It's really sad that there are idiots out there who can't leave anything alone when it comes to the internet and those #%@*^!! hackers screw it up for everyone else. I had to change my passwords just a week or so ago because someone invaded a system and now I gotta do it again. And for an old fart like myself coming up with creative i.d.'s and password I can remember is quite a challenge as I have to go in and change over 30 accounts. Sometimes I think we should go back to just regular mail delivery with people writing letters, and reading hard copy books or going to the library to research things out. Technology is good up to a point.....then the jerks take over!!!
                  I agree!!!!!!

Comment

Last December I learned that I was under the horrors of Identity Theft.
                    When I filed the report the police detective said that the "hits" will continue for at least a year. It's amazing what these smart monsters can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey875 View Post
                      and your paypal one if you have it

shakey
                      I went to change my Paypal password as you suggested, Shakey (thanks for the reminder, I didn't think about that). When I got to the site for the password change, I was asked for my full credit card number "for ID purposes." That spooked me: what if that site was hacked? I'd be giving the hackers my full credit card number.

I just found this very strange and raised a red flag for me, and I left my password the same until I look into it further.
                      Arthur

Comment

that sounds unusual arthur
                        get in touch with ebay and paypal asap and keep checking your bank account at least for the time being
                        play safe partner

shakey

Comment

Did you go directly to the Ebay site, by typing the address into the address bar of your browser and then check it was at the address with HTTPS as the start? For something like that, don't just click a link someone else provided to go to the site.

Comment

I forget exactly how it works but I'm pretty sure my paypal account is backed up by my credit card. That might be an optional thing. I can't recall. I would go into your pappal account by typing in the url like suggested above and then check it out.
                            Terry

Comment

Terry, I went to Paypal from my eBay account. PayPal does go to a credit card unless you want them to tap your bank account instead (THAT I don't like!), which is an option.
                              Arthur

Comment

Working...
                              X