slooooow forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slooooow forum

Is it just me or is this forum running slow as molasses? It reminds me of dial up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Re: slooooow forum

Very, very slow, Debbie.
    Arthur

Comment

Thank you Arthur. Any idea when it will be back to normal? or what is going on?

Comment

I haven't a clue as to what's going on. I have no complaint, since this is a free service provided to us by WCI, but I am getting frustrated. Let's hope whatever the problem is, that it's remedied soon!
        Arthur

Comment

Debbie It's slow, usually when this happens it doesn't bother me, but this time I can go fix a cup of coffee while it loads a picture.
          Larry

Comment

I noticed it has been running slow for almost a week. Maybe Bob D can tell us whats going on.

Comment

Yeah, something is a bit hinky. The pages are loading very slowly. I thought it might be me but I rebooted my computer and it's still slow. I sent a PM to Bob. Hopefully someone will get at it but since tomorrow is the 4th, that makes it a holiday weekend and WCI might not get a chance to look at it until Monday.
              Terry

Comment

Ditto!
                Just waited 3 minutes after I hit post reply.
                Bill K.
                Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

Debbie I have considered the problem and I think you need more O's in the word sloooow
                  Larry

Comment

debbie
                    site has never recovered since last crash few months ago
                    its so slow and i cannot access some features

shakey

Comment

The sister site has been running slow too (scrollsawer.com)

Seems a LITTLE bit better today.

Comment

Yesterday I clicked on patterns and when the advertisement dropped down and I clicked it off a message appeared saying it was an unsafe site. If I let the message finish downloading and then clicked off it did not say that. Anyway apparently they are still having problems trying to repair the system.

Comment

Slow for me today, and yesterday. It was running o.k. for me before then.

Comment

Not sure where WCI keeps the forum but this slowdown could be part of a Denial of Service attack on the main server. One of the hallmarks is that the forum slows down or you can't even access it because the server is being bombarded by requests usually generated by bots. I dunno.
                            Terry

Comment

BobD did say that they were having problems after that last attack because it was a custom system and their original IT had left. That's the problem with custom systems. They work fine as long as they work but when they get into trouble they are really in trouble. Ask the V.A. about custom systems some time!

Comment

Working...
                              X