What to Do With Old Copies Of WCI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do With Old Copies Of WCI!

I've been collecting Carving Magazine and Woodcarving Illustrated for at least 15-years and they occupy close to 3-feet of precious space in my den.

I was sitting at my work bench thinking last week, thumbing through some old issues, about how I could put them to good use because obviously I'm never going to go back and carve all those projects and my kids are only going to end up throwing them away. And suddenly I had a brain fart!

I decided that I'd print up some club business cards, attach a card to each magazine and leave a couple of magazines each in every doctor's office that my wife and I visit. The good Lord knows that we've got well over half of our county covered!

So with one week on the books I've left an even dozen in various doctor's offices. I figure the least that can happen is I'll give the men patients a break from having to read "Good Housekeeping" and "Women's World" and with good fortune perhaps we'll peak a little interest in woodcarving and snag a new member or two for our club.

Re: What to Do With Old Copies Of WCI!

That's a great idea! I would love to get my hands on some older magazines, but they charge an arm and a leg to order back copies. So, if I'm in the dentist office and see one I will be tempted to "borrow" it for a bit.

Comment

Good idea, Eddie! Not only pass on the copies, but save the brain cells of untold numbers of men!
      Arthur

Comment

What a great idea, I saw an ad on kijiji for some one to take 54 issues of chip chat magazine for free, ol sucker me went and picked them up, read many of them shared them with our club members, now I know how to get back the wait times in doctors offices, better reading then People !!!!. Carve on,keep the good ideas coming
        scotia carver

Comment

I'm like Debbie. I'd love to get some older copies but I can't afford them! Anybody getting tired of their clutter is welcome to send me a few! And, Eddy, putting them in offices is a great idea! Also, nursing homes might be a place where they'd garner some interest.
          Hazel Strickland
          AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Great idea Eddy!! That will be a pleasant addition to the reading material in the offices!!
            I gave all my old copies to the carving club library when I got the CDs of them. Our club has a nice collection of books, magazines, CDs, and VHS tapes to check out.
            Have A Great Day
            Terry
            Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Public library might have taken them...never know might help some one decide on whether to carve or not!

Comment

Brent.. I could donate them to the Public library but I'm afraid that two things would happen. First, the library would turn around and sell them for profit. I already donate all of my reading material to the library. I don't wish to have these magazines sold.

And secondly, if they were put out all together, it is highly likely that they would be snagged up by just one or two people so that they would not receive maximum exposure.

No, I prefer the method I've come up with.

Comment

Terry... Our club also has a digital library!

Comment

I like the idea of leaving some in the doctors offices. I have given a few to the local Library. And I took some to the Salvation Army here.

Comment

Great idea! You might try leaving some at the barbershop too. I know my barber needs better magazines.
                      Terry

Comment

I'd be thrilled to come across a WCI magazine in a waiting room. Even if it were one I had read. Unless it was my internists/rheumatologist office, never wait more than 10 mins there.

So how many emails or pms have you gotten with offers to take your mags off your hands?

Comment

Send them to me!.........LOL!....... Great idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X