• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomad
    Super Moderator Michigan
    • May 2009

Robin Williams

Godspeed Robin. You were an amazing talent.
    Terry
  • Kadiddle
    Senior Member N.Y.
    • May 2009

Re: Robin Williams

Sorry to hear of this. He made us laugh so many ways, he will be thought of as one of the greats. Rest in peace Robin.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Comment

• Arthur C.
      Senior Member Louisiana
      • Oct 2012

Any suicide is terrible, and especially heartbreaking for the family left behind. Sad, but I think it's interesting that his manager said Robin's problems arose again because he had worked 18 months straight. EIGHTEEN MONTHS? What about those of us who work/worked years on end without a break, should we all be going nuts too? Give me a break. Talk about a different culture and mindset!
      Arthur

Comment

• Lazy Carver
        Optimus Pine
        • Apr 2011

I liked Robin Williams, although i believe we would never agree on politics. His inexhaustible performances as a character actor was likened to that of a Gene Hackman or a Tom Hanks. Among my favorite movies with him were Good Will Hunting, Mrs Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Moscow over the Hudson, and personal favorite The Fisher King, as well as watching him as a kid in Mork and Mindy.... . He will be missed, but let us not forget that although he brought us a lot of joy through tv and the big screen, his life was marred with all sorts problems. Especially emotional ones. He probably needed more help than the average guy battling depression. Being this well known though, he could have tried to work things out. The help was there, and more so was family. There are many like him, going through the same sufferage. I've had my share of depression, but i keep going in spite of all. Lincoln had suffered the same throughout his life, but always found away to overcome these problems. Today he is considered the best president we've ever had. We can not keep dwelling on problems, but we must try to dwell on finding solution for ourselves to overcome the pains and the dilemma's in our lives. I realize some need more help than others, but taking your own life solves little if any problems. I question the choice, as he did have a choice, though i revered him as an actor and entertainer. Just food for thought....

Comment

• hstrick46
          • Feb 2014

I've been in a place where life just didn't seem worth living. Not that I wanted to die, I just didn't want to live. Luckily I responded fairly well to medication. My faith in and relationship with God has gotten me through the past 10 years. It isn't always easy, nonetheless. Who knows what demons Robin fought? Who would dare to judge him? He was a gifted comedian. He shared his gift with all of us and made our lives a little better. Selah.
          Hazel Strickland
          AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

• natenaaron
            • Dec 2013

I'm gonna miss his humor.

Comment

• Eddy-Smiles
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Like any subject brought up on this forum we all have our opinions and rightfully so.

So here is my two cents..... As I remember it the good book says something to the effect about "he who is with out sin should cast the first stone." I think in 25 words or less that means that there are darn few of us who should be judging anyone....and;

Unless you've ever been down so deep in that hole that the only way out seems to be to pull the sod in over your head you can't understand what it means to be severely depressed. And believe me, it can happen to anyone. You can be just as healthy and normal as can be and then something happens, mentally, physically, emotionally and all of a sudden you're in that barrel. It's so big a problem that the VA estimates that 22 veterans commit suicide each day. "DEPRESSION IS REAL!"

Comment

• Donsexton
                • Aug 2009

NaNoo NaNoo I liked his show with Mindy. Depression is overwhelming sadness with no escape and the people that love you just want you to snap out of it but you cant. Money and health, success and position doesn't matter. Not hat I would know anything a bought it.

Comment

• rickm
                  • Feb 2007

sometimes the ones you think have it all are the most in need remember Junior Seau? One of the best nfl players ever. I agree with eddy never judge a man unless you walk in his mocassins. peace to all of you

Comment

• papasar
                    • Dec 2004

There but for the grace of God go I.
                    Bill K.
                    Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

• tbox61
                      Bob Dole Country
                      • Jan 2005

Certainly a tragedy when it is someone we like/know. With that said, the drug companies have some culpability in these problems. Whether it is Robin Williams, your brother, sister, etc., it is terrible.

I say it is the drug companies fault as most of the depression medications on the market today carry with them the side effect of suicidal thoughts…another example of the cure being worse than the disease.

Comment

• Keoma
                        Tree Hugging Moderator
                        • Dec 2007

We have been binge watching his movies in our house the last few days. He was our favorite actor to be sure, something the whole family agreed on. I loved his wit, his candor, his heart and even his politics. Usually when I find someone I like on the big screen, I don't like them as a person in real life, but For me, he was the whole package. I grew up with him from Mork and Mindy, even had a mork doll I am very sad and I really still can't believe it. Depression is a terrible dark place and all I can hope is that he is now in the light.

Comment

• DiLeon
                          Senior Member Hawaii
                          • Jun 2009

Depression, straight A student in college a great future ahead..., great at sports....wonderful parents my neighbors with big money, he killed himself using the car. Depression another friend nurse in neuro science at the hospital, awesome job, awesome family......husband left her for a stripper....first she went insane, then into depression, then into suicide. Everyone tried to help, the doctors, the hospitals, the family and friends....but zero successful. A family member found out they had Alzheimers, depression lead to killing ones self. Unless you sat with people who have this terrible mental torture....there is no choice but to die and that is all they think about. This is a very misunderstood how these people think....how outrageous lower then low.... they go beyond help. It is not a choice but a will to die that is bigger then any of us. Take care of your mental health better then your physical health, stress, upset, anxiety, and the rest because if you do not take care of problems... it will grow into a monster that is too big to handle. I love Robins work, he made me laugh... I am so sorry he had depression so large it would kill him. If it happen to him, the way I see it, it can happen to anyone.
                          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
                          X