Carving on the Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving on the Go

Rob Snyder of Bowling Green, OH, made a carving kit that can fit into an Altoids tin! We were so inspired by this idea that we wanted to share it with you. What carving-related stuff can you package into an Altoids tin? Take a picture and post it here with your name and location or send it to [email protected]!

Re: Carving on the Go

I don't have an Altoids tin but I do have a travel kit.

It is a hard case for eyeglasses which contains a Flexcut Carving Jack knife, a handle for the Flexcut SK tools 1/4" 70 degree v-tool, an @#11x3/16" and a #11x1/16", a pencil, and 2 patterns.

I keep small pieces of wood stashed in my pocket for carving Whittlebears--a few done, some needing eyes and some needing leather straps.

Bob L

Comment

My travel kit changes dramatically depending on how far and how long I am away.
      Driving? Flying? Weekend? Will there be any carving time, anyway? I take something easy.
      A month as a post-surgical caregiver? I take some nasty carving puzzles for distractions and a wide range of tools.
      How much of a carving mess can I get away with making and how hard is the clean-up going to be?
      Can't say that in any case I actually finished anything but progress is all I can ever hope for.
      Brian T

Comment

I'll play. The little container contains some Dunkle stropping compound.
        Terry

Comment

Nomad, what kind of knife is that? Looks like it would be great.

Comment

That's a Gepetto Wharncliffe Whittler from Great Eastern Cutlery.
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X