One For the Team *graphic*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One For the Team *graphic*

Well, I got so busy chipping away at a new santa that I somehow ended up splitting my pointer finger on my right hand. I'm still unsure how it happened because I was cutting with that hand. It was pretty deep as you may be able to tell from the picture. I've told my wife that it just comes with the territory. I guess it is a good thing I recieved some of those "case" bandaids at the Charlotte show. I should be back at carving sometime over the weekend...I'm a little wounded, but the fire still burns.......

Wear your gloves, sharpen your tools, and be careful! I definitely messed up somewhere!

Blake

Re: One For the Team *graphic*

Hey at least you still have all ten. I joined the 9 1/2 club a few years ago. Bandsaws, decoy bodys, long story but its good bragging rights when we all sit around and whittle. I was scheduled to do a carving demo at the Harve De Grace decoy museum a week after the mishap. No body thought I would show up. I did and I carved. One of the old decoy carvers asked how I cut my thumb " Band saw I bet they will get that left thumb every time" as he showed me the nub of a thumb he had left. " Still carvin I see your'e one of the good ole boys now" It seems like they taught me a lot more of the tricks after that.
    Go Team
    Keep on carvin,
    Goody

Comment

Ouch! And right at the nerve endings on the finger tip... now that's gotta hurt. Sometimes it happens to even those of us who are normally very safe carver's.
      Dave Brock

Comment

Yeah, it definitely seems a little more tender than a normal cut would. I probably could have stood some stitches, but I just held it until the bleeding stopped.....ouch is right!

Blake

Comment

Funny, I almost never get cut on a fingertip. Now, down around the fleshy side part of the hand is another story...

Comment

Working...
          X