how many guitar players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many guitar players

just curious how many guitar players we have what type of music do you prefer and what is you favorite axe?

Re: how many guitar players

I have a Martin acoustic that I love. I don't play very well, or enough, but I just love the guitar. I'll try to play any type of music I'm in to at a given time. Basically, I just dabble.

Comment

I have some. My Simon & Patrick Concert Classical is a sound I enjoy.
      But after a while, I have to pick on a Deering Sierra!

Popular music, I'm a fossilized folkie.
      Brian T

Comment

Played a Martin D-14 for years but arthritis has lost my ability to move my fingers to chord several years ago. Also have a Juan D. Cordova classical guitar that is an all time favorite. Played folk music of the 50's & 60's mostly and still listen to it when out in the garage carving.

Comment

I have a 85' Martin D-16K. Bluegrass and bluegrass gospel is what I play and sing.

Comment

aha looks like the classical and folk/country guys take it. personally I have a 1976 manzanero, a schecter, a 40 yr epiphone classical I literally played the top off and a martin cutaway. as far as music, classical, flamenco and I team the schetcher up with a marshall amp to play ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!

Comment

No guitar, but I have an old Ode 5-string banjo stashed away somewhere. Used to play what I called old timey appalachian. Clawhammer style - not bluegrass. Can't play anymore but the handcarved neck on that thing is worthy of this forum.
              HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

I for one enjoy listening banjo, along with guitars playing bluegrass while I am
                carving.
                Oscar

Comment

Took a guitar playing class in High school....to learn how, I had an old Wilson. But the teacher told me, he thought I was tone death....that sort of killed the desire to move on. My son has that guitar and plays on occasion. No favorite ax....we have this love hate relationship....
                  . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

I love playing bluegrass and love to hear the clawhammer banjo. My friend plays that style. Bluegrass has been playing in the background tonight the whole time I was carving.

Comment

The Banjo is KING!!! Love mine.
                      Sam
                      Homosassa, FL

Comment

Humm ... what kind of music do I 'play'. That particular term, in my household, is up for various interpretations. My weapon of choice is a low cost Breedlove Dreadnought that has been very patient with me - so far. I have wanted to lean to play the guitar for several decades and about 16 months ago decided I wasn't getting any younger so I started at 70. I prefer finger picking, what little I can do, and have a long way to go. I figure if I'm lucky I might learn to play a baker's dozen before I die.

I have always been a country western, folk, bluegrass fan and that is what I listen to.

Comment

Got a fat stat and a canadian folk guitar, plus a couple of cheap guitars...and the old one from my gran'pa, Django played it once !
                          Ho, and my carved Ibanez, but it's for sale. Didn't find a buyer yet but it catches the eyes quite well on shows.
                          I like to play many styles. Among them folk, blues, fingerpicking or a few lovely jazz chords at the occasion.

Comment

I played a 4-string solid body Epiphone, about the only thing I did to it was add a brass head bridge. Had as fine of action as as Fender .
                            . . .JoeB
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

I have no one type of music or style of playing guitar that I practice exclusively, though it's almost always acoustic.
                              In January I start my sixth year of weekly lessons. I also turn 60 in January.

I own the following guitars:
                              a C.F. Martin 000-28EC, a C.F. Martin 000-15SM, a Rainsong Shorty FT, a C.F. Martin HD28VS, a C.F. Martin 00-18VSE40 and a C.F. Martin CEO-7.
                              I also have an electric Epiphone ES175 Semi Hollow Body/Arch top.

I don't play as good as I wish I could, but I probably don't play as bad as I think I do, either! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X