Lot of visitors last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot of visitors last night

In case you haven't noticed, we had quite a few visitors last night, over 700 when I was on around 11pm. Curious. Are Monday evenings always that busy?

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: Lot of visitors last night

Evenings in general I've noticed are rather busy. Never paid attention to a particular night.

Comment

Like whitecree, I haven't paid any attention to how many are on or viewing. Last night was a bad night here in SEK, Strom after storm came through and I had the network off and powered down.
      A little story , oh no!
      A few years ago, we had a rather nasty bunch of storms come through our town and the tonado sirens sounded, not once but several times that night. We all head for the basement of the church a 1/2 block away. Well one of the 4 that is 1/2 block away. yes there are 4 within a 1/2 block of this house. All on corners. Anyways, while there, to many children and women including mine that were chatting or should I say chattlering away and the nose was getting rather high in the confines of the basement with all of them chattlering. So a couple of us hearty good ol boys decided to go outside and have a look see. While we were noticeing the clouds changing directions, I notice some "Stuff" falling from the clouds and it isn't rain. Yep "stuff" was falling all around us and us hearty good ol boys just stood there while 2x4s, shingles, windows, tin, and other "stuff" kept on falling from the clouds. It was apparent that some wind was in the clouds and was swirling around and around. Being Hearty good ol boys we decides that maybe we should go back in to the basement as the wind had picked up and we was having a hard time keeping our balance.
      To make this short, Yep we had a tornado pass over us but did not touch ground in our neigborhood. However, the "stuff" was from barns and houses from the area.

Now, Yes, I am hearty, but sometimes like Trica Yearwood says in her song," ain't got a lick of sense".

Believe me, that was the last time I stood out watching the tornado pass over.

Comment

I can't vouch for any activity at all at 11PM. Most nights, at 9 PM my wife wakes me up and tells me to go upstairs and go to bed. Tom H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Kenny _We had the same thing last night. Yesterday morning we were in the house watching and listening to the report of baseball size hail 12 miles away. Mom went outside and said I need to come out and listen and feel how strange the air was. About the time I steped out I got smacked in the back by baseball hail. Needless to say we didn't stay out either. Now maybe we will get a new roof because it looked like it had snowed when finished. Anyway I was offline also last night.

Comment

Ron,
            You missed a golden opportunity!! If you had saved some of those hail stones you could have done some ice carvings like in the last issue of WCI.Talking
            Garon

Comment

Ron, Hate to hear abouit that. Those stroms you had, came our way, No big hail here but heard in Tulsa area, softball size there and tornadic winds there. Just high wind here and the only damage was a red bud tree we have been nursing for a couple of years, Won't have to do that any more.
              Glad you are ok.

Comment

Working...
              X