Learning to use message board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to use message board

right now I cant figure out how to read the forums nor check my pm must less post a picture. this is a bit unwieldy at least for me right now.

Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

maybe im a slow learner or just stupid but I am finding this reaaaaly difficult to navigate. so difficult that I really am thinking about just abandoning it. Not to worry at least for a bit I will struggle with it, but if I don't get on to it real quick it might be old rick will be history.

Comment

Re: Learning to use message board

To read the forums, click on the forum and then click on the thread you'd like to read.

To check your PMs, Click on Notifications in the top right corner

To create a thread, click on the section you want to post in, then click Forum Tools, and when the dropdown menu shows up, click " New Thread"

Comment

I'm finding that the drop-down menu under the "community" button is a good way to navigate to places, like the forum home page, the new posts, the forum log-in, search. I find it pretty useful.

Comment

You can post pictures just like you always did, by scrolling down the page and licking on "Manage Attachments" and then uploading your pictures.
          'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
          http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rick, if you haven't done this already, on the green bar at the top of this thread, click on Display and select linear mode. That makes things look more familiar.

Comment

Rick part of the problem is that things are being added and fixed still. What did not work yesterday may work today. Old things need to be added and it is slowly getting better every day but a lot still needs to be done. I am just doing minimal on here until it gets more normal....and things are in full bloom. I suggest just sit it out and play with the site, ask questions if you need to.....but know it is not totally up to speed yet. So you and dog can get a beer and relax knowing it is not all your problem with not knowing how to.

Comment

hang in there buddy. you'll be glad you did. already you got several good tips. pretty soon you'll be giving us tips.
                Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

well it certainly is live and learn and the old forum did need a redo. congrats to the folks at wci to try and come up with a better venue.

Comment

Before the change, I joined a couple of other sites with wood carvers. The software package is a lot like this new WCI, but not quite.
                    Had to log in again to get into my PM Inbox. . . . fumble and stumble but I got there.

Still, it\'s weird to look back into threads where the text refers to the pictures and they have not been hauled into this new place, yet.
                    I believe that the pictures drive the threads for the valuable information that we all share.
                    Given time, things will steadily get running.
                    Brian T

Comment

It is frustrating, Rick, and a PITA, to be frank. But, it is a service that is very welcome and helpful, and at no cost to us. I\\\'ve been trying to ignore the site and come back once a week to check for the progress made, but dang it, I still come back a couple of times a day in spite of myself! I never have been good at that self control thing, so let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s both hang in there as it unfolds. Dileon has the right idea...share a beer with your dog and talk it over with him...he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll probably advise patience. This danged thing keeps throwing in backslashes and won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let me correct it!!!
                      Last edited by Claude; 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM. Reason: Typos
                      Arthur

Comment

I\'m still having problems, maybe I\'m to old for changes, Bob as time
                        goes by maybe I\'ll get a handle on it. Bob I don\'t know why you made these changes or the benefits to the change. I know that all of the costs to this thread
                        are paid by Fox Chapel\'s Publisher, therefore I\'m not griping but still wondering,
                        why fix something that has been working for years, but all in all, thank you for all the great things you have done for us.

Comment

For people wondering why the changes????.....the site got major hacked....and after that it been a nightmare for Bob and the forum ....as it never got back to normal.....so they made a new site. It was a matter of having to do it. Hackers are going to make the computer a new pain in the rear end.....fact is if they can get Hillarys emails,... they can do anything they want to make other people life such darn hard. Something we just have to live with ....when dealing with computers. My son is a tech guy ....he put it simple I deal with this every day....hacks and hacker issues, malware and the works.....war on the computer.

Comment

Good point, Dileon... in fact, I foiled an attempt to hack the site Friday (saw a few things in the Admin panel had been changed to Russian...

Unfortunately, the IT guys had to stop work on the forum to go through the server to check for problems...

Bob

Comment

o.k. Bob, I noticed a couple days ago when I was accessing the forum via android, the home page came up, and then got cluttered , and a popup stating that it is in Russian and would I like to have it translated. weird huh? there is a spot aside there to click that gave a menu of the topics, including forum, and from there is displays the forum . in English.
                              Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X