Dealing with bad suppliers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with bad suppliers.

Times are changing, we have less money to do more. I am in the middle of dealing with a bad supplier. In the past a few phone calls to them... shows that they are super unprofessional and really do not give a darn about the customer. We live in a throw away society...and it reflects major in junk retail. Yet I am the one that pays for it..... lost of time, money, bad equipment, and other. I have a brother in law....who is Jewish he will drive the supplier/retail company nuts and until they give him free stuff, ....just to get him off their back...he comes in with the threats of law suit and more. Is this the way to deal with it? Has retail gotten so criminal that we need to threaten life and death....in order to not be taken to the bank? What happen to good materials and good customer service that does not come with a smart idiot on the other end of the phone? I can count on one hand honorable companies that I deal with that I am extremely happy to call and order things from because they are good people. They bend over backwards and often send free things when they screw up. I am really upset at this company. What do you do when you get a bad deal....does it come down to threats? Because I just do not know anymore. Just wondering how others handle these kinds of situations?
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Re: Dealing with bad suppliers.

I don\'t know what to tell you, other than there are good folks out there as well. Once someone has treated me badly, I have no qualms about returning the favor. Hope you get satisfaction.

Comment

many established companies make use of the feature of using a credit card to complete a purchase. This can actually be a good thing at times. If the product needs refund or replacement and the company you purchased from doesent cooperate very well, the credit card company you use will go to bat for you. simply call ,email, or write them, with full details. let them know what you have tried and failed on your own for satisfaction. The credit card company doesn\'t fool around with these type of people, you will get a prompt refund.
      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

for starters, post the name of the company here and the product you are having trouble with- we all want to know who to avoid. look for their facebook page and post.
        too bad you have to bring pressure to bear.
        Buffalo Bif
        www.bflobif.com

Comment

I will post later if I decide that it is last resort.....note I have called this company 12 or more times for information and got some rather ****ty remarks. The president of company got some good items out there ....worth every bit of the cost of purchase. But extreme other issues....i just do not know what to do? 3,000 dollars on master system.....includes everything to start engraving. A super major investment as I do not have money to throw away. Includes a large package of things. First issue....shipping on web site states 2 to 3 days... I send an email because I am gated to send a date and tracking number ....no response.... 3 emails no response. I call get a response....this is beginning of dealing with nightmare on elm street. But I note to myself I am going to be patient with this one and do it right. smile. Six days go by and it has not been shipped....I am freaking out, to much darn money spent to be dealing with ....call again....what happen....it was to be shipped in 2 to 3 days. Well they reported that things where back ordered.... when asked if I could have the stock items sent. The reply....it is coming we will send it all together but it will shipped by next Friday..... Guess what .... not is not shipped and no email notification. Phone call number five..... reports it is items are coming to their place but have not arrived. By now I am wondering what in the heck have I done...business in 38 years and they can not notify me? Shipment comes only two items are missing.... one is six training DVD on how to carve various material, second is six CD about art marketing, phone call seven. The CDs are not being sold anymore you have to go on to google plus and watch the free YOU Tube videos. The DVD are on their web site and not in the section of the store training videos...and they are 3 minutes long not worth two cents in my book and this was part of the system that I paid for. I say nothing...because Di wants to scream in the phone with the lady owner that has an attitude. Next they do have major excellent training what does come is another 6 hours DVDs that where also another part of the package....that tells you how and what to do and not do with the engraver. The DVD states that the compressor that comes with a manual.....no manual and this thing is in silencer box...that looks like a fire hazard waiting to happen....phone call number eight where is the manuals to a few items. The reply no manual.....just plug it in. I call two more times about this **** compressor.....with questions. By now my face is bright shade of green. Because I am getting bad advice.... Now this has a membership for artist ....cost normal 120 dollars included in the package system...only they have to put me into the computer and hook me into google plus system....note this is google plus web cast that is also on You tube but it is free if you know your way around, Three more phone calls and promise to hook me in that day.... By now I am at my wits end....... Although I am starting to connect with new wood carvers ....and there is more .... I am looking at that darn compressor....and call again. She says we have been through this before just plug it in. An you know it took everything I had not to say one word. I still have two items in route I need but I am angry beyond belief. All it takes is information sheet and manuals...... I first the time in my life called an attorney about the no manuals....he said by law they do not have a manual but if I got hurt I can sue and win normally. At this point I can say I can not believe what I am seeing. My mouth is hang wide open......

Comment

You know it is so crazy I wonder if the owner went nuts.....and lost their marbles?

Comment

I never had to make tons of phone calls like this....and because I want to keep most of equipment I received....sending it all back is not something I want to do....shipment will cost me over a 100 dollars. yet because of such horrid customer service they got me at my wits end. What would you do....you made tons of phone calls....they are clearly making tons of accuses.....darn it all stressed because I order something.

Comment

If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge and you can get your money back. You should never use a debit card to pay for stuff over the internet, because as a general rule, debit card transactions can\'t be disputed.

That is too bad...life is too short to be hassled like that.

Comment

Di, too bad you are experiencing all this! I do know from experience though, that some times those training videos are made and never updated. Is it possible the compressor in the video is a different version of the one you received? And maybe the newer one really doesn\'t come with a manual? Have you checked online for this same compressor and found there is suppose to be a manual from the manufacture? I\'ve ran into this before with another product and that is why I am asking. Hope it all gets worked out for you.

Comment

Yes no update.....and after hours and hours of digging I found a little information. There is no manual and its a different compressor....and I actually had an attorney tell me....that if I get hurt give him a call....he was laughing, I am not. This will get ironed out. It is extremely upsetting when all the owner needs to do is produce a few page manual of information and put it in with the item. Laziness. Customer service is zero....it is one sentence and then that nice I am busy so get off the phone attitude. The thing about this is .....this is what is killing off business in the US people no longer have time nor the money to deal with high and mighty attitudes of business. Plus because of money loss a business will lie, cheat and steal and they are getting worst every year. Like I said there are few businesses that have it....and are more then honorable....but the ones that do things like not answer a question on the phone and find out if their customers are happy with the service. I just saw a picture that was marked customer service....they claimed to have it all integrity, service, and such.....it had Sears stamped with failure. To big and they stop doing things that mattered to people. I used to put up with such nonsense but today I do not have the time nor money to spend unwisely. I do not know if I will get this resolved....but I am telling everyone do not buy anything on the net no matter how great it looks until you find out of the supplier is honorable..... I have made to many mistakes...this is a big one.

Comment

Dileon
                      Did you ever get your response for your trouble . What kind of machine did you buy if I\'m no being nosey - just curious .
                      In God we trust everyone else pays cash
                      Rafton Lefort

Comment

Actually I am still major dealing with this issue and still waiting for them to responsd like honorable people, after this is all over then I will post the whole deal if people are interest...if your interested in an engraver please PM I will fill you in on what is what. AS I have people here on the forum who are helping me out major and I have the suppliers competitor major helping me out for free,... I must add. The world of bad Customer service and other needs to be stop dead in its tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                          Actually I am still major dealing with this issue and still waiting for them to responsd like honorable people, after this is all over then I will post the whole deal if people are interest...if your interested in an engraver please PM I will fill you in on what is what. AS I have people here on the forum who are helping me out major and I have the suppliers competitor major helping me out for free,... I must add. The world of bad Customer service and other needs to be stop dead in its tracks.
                          Well let us know who it is so we can avoid them.

Comment

Working...
                          X