any welders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any welders?

My future son in law has decided to get ouot of collections (YAY) and is considering a trade, welding in particular. options are paying for welding school, looking for free training paid perhaps by the state, or apprenticing somewhere. Hoping some of the fine and diverse folks here might have some insight to offer.
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

Re: any welders?

We have a specialty trailer manufacturer here in Great Bend, Kansas, Doonan Specialized Trailer Corp, that needs many skilled welders...they just can\'t get enough good help. I think they will train the right people.

It is definitely a good trade to learn.

Comment

Here is their website...would be worth the call!

http://www.doonan.com/index.php

Comment

I believe ECC offers a welding certificate program.

Comment

welding is a good respectable occupation. like anything else , the more time you put into it the better you are. welding can be onsite such as construction jobs or can be as tbox61 mentioned , in a manufacturing facility. one can even get so good as to test out to be state certified, and that in turn can bring in more annual income yet . even the plants that have automated robot welding have a state certified welder on hand to personally inspect those welds and if needed, reweld any that fail inspection. and if he desires, he can even follow up as needed to become a welding instructor at a technical or trade school.
          start at the bottom as anything else and work your way up .
          Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Did a lot of welding back in my mechanic days and knew a lot of welders as well. It is definitely a good trade to get into. I worked on a lot of construction equipment and it was not uncommon to have some freelance welders around for big jobs. Get a good truck, a diesel powered welder, a few tools, and you have your own business.

How much you make depends on your skillset and a highly skilled welder makes very good money.
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X