Connecting with forum members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connecting with forum members

There are a sprinkling of us all scattered about. It would be nice if those running the shows would post or announce those members of the forum via PA system or something. Heck you might walk right by several members and not know it. Maybe a sticky name tag with WCI-Forum on it with your member name? Even at carving seminars as well!
    www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

Re: Connecting with forum members

I can not find it now, but on another forum I am on, they had a similar thread going on about recognizing members at a show. If I remember correctly, they decided that somebody would design a small pin that could be purchased.
      If we were so inclined, I would think somebody could come up with a simple design that was easy to carve and distinctive enough that we as members could still recognize it as a \"homemade member badge\", even with the differences that would show up in each individual pin that was carved.
      I AM NOT VOLUNTEERING , just throwing it out there if somebody was interested!
      Jim

Comment

Are there any upcoming wood carving shows in California? Do people ever do any trading at shows? Let's say if I had a carving that someone liked would people be willing to trade for it? I am still kind of new so I'm not sure what you all do.

Do people ever do any trading on the online forums?

Comment

WCI had these made Years ago, I think a Member made them but not sure. Around $8.00 including shipping . As you can see I still have mine like it. Merle 1-PICT0010.JPG

Comment

I've seen quite a few carvings in the WCI forums that I really like. I trade money for them.
            Some of the best are destined to go into some sort of a charity auction.
            My trick is to decide how badly I want it and thus how much money I'm willing to throw at the benefit.
            So far, I've got most of them. I never keep track of the money.

In fact, I'd forgotten ( !! ) about one until I got a PM from the WCI carver member, asking me if I had the carving yet.
            It'll show up, one of these days.
            Brian T

Comment

Well,well, well,well, well.

Comment

I have not had the opportunity meet other members of the WCI. Last week a fellow member of the British stickmaker Guild from the UK was visiting friends in Pensacola FL. He contacted me, We were able to meet up at the Pro Bass Store in Spanish fort Al. We had a wonderful lunch and visit. It was great to share with a carver and stickmaker from another country. It was more like visiting with a old friend than a new acquaintance!.
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

I have had the pleasure to meet several members who visited our area and look forward to meeting more. The Miramichi in New Brunswick is a wonderful place to live and visit, plenty of beautiful scenery, a splendid river to sail on and forests to enjoy. I extend a welcome to any and all that can make the trip and would be happy to welcome them to my humble studio and home.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Geez, somehow I missed the original posting back in 2015. The main reason I have stuck by this forum through thick and thin has been all the wonderful people that post here, some of whom I've had the great pleasure of meeting.
                    Terry

Comment

Truer words were never spoken. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of the members, but I'm sure that would be an interesting meeting
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                      X