web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site

Does anyone know when this web site will finally be up to par. The search doesnt work, I have a heck of a time to sign in, I cant view some images, some I can.

Does anyone know of any other carving web sites ? This site here just frustrates me know, I can\'t even search for any information anymore. I did not renew my WC Illustrated this time. Half the time I cant get on to ask the author questions and with all the other things going on with this site, I have more or less given up on WC Ilustrated.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Glenn

Re: web site

Your contributions will be missed. Yes the site is having a rough time right now with interest and function but is still going, so I will keep giving it hope. Keep carving and look for other sites/clubs that you can help them along the way.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Comment

I have a lot of patience and time, so I just keep carving, and
      some day this Great site will be back on par, just as a reminder
      the site is FREE.
      Oscar

Comment

Yep, It is very frustrating, Sometimes the reply area is covered by a WCI ad and you cannot reply then when you try to correct yourself it logs you off, if I had hair I might pull it.
        Herb

Comment

Even if you don\'t want to participate in this site, by not renewing your subscription to the WCI magazine you will be missing out on a lot of great articles and tips. Hope you decide to at least look in every once in a while.

Comment

Glenn, do not cut off your nose to spite your face. What do you have to lose, some knowledge, your choice. . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks for everyones insight. I have never been this frustrated with a website before. It took 10 minutes to get logged in just to reply to you all, which surprises me that it even worked, but I may change threads and it will tell me that I am not logged in or that I dont have permission to do so. As I said earlier that I cant see attachment, I cant do a search, etc..... So as I see it, the forum is kinda useless to me at this time which is very sad,because it was a great forum but now it is more or less a place to read every thread to get information because the search function doesnt work.

I havent seen much improvement since we where switched to the new format. Why would they switch over to a new format if they didnt have the bugs worked out? Maybe its just me but I feel as though , I had something shoved down my throat, then it doesnt work. Why didnt they revert back to the old forum format until the bugs were worked out in this format?

I have rambled on long enough and I can see the flames coming already.

Thanks again for your replies and thoughts!
              Glenn

Comment

My wish would be able to log into the Pyrography site again, my password is not working. I have tried the password reset several times, but never get the email. I have emailed customer service with no response. I can deal with the issues on this and the Scroll Saw forum while they work out the bugs, but not being able to log in on the Pyrography site, might just be the final straw on not re-newing my subscriptions.

Comment

Please don\\\'t misunderstand me, I been working in IT since 1983, and I know how tough a task it is, to do what the folks here do, and what they are up against. I was just a bit frustrated, I have been waiting to get logged into the Pyrography forum ever since the forums came back online. Like I said, I can deal with all the hiccups, and issues with the forums, but not getting a response about not being able to log in, really has me a bit frustrated, has I have not even got a simple response from anyone.

-Steven
                  Last edited by WigWag Workshop; 09-02-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

While I can log on without problems, the search feature is disappointing to me. I have been trying to remember how certain people \"antique\" with gel stain over painting and can\'t get it. But I do agree with several people here, I too will be patient as I do not Facebook, nor know of any more sites like this, but the silence from even some of the Moderators might even show their frustration or they aren\'t sure of if and when it will be fixed. All we are told is they are working on it.
                    www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

I said I would not use face book but I lied. While waiting for this site to be corrected I decided to join. There are some good wood carving forums on face book and except for the people that believe there way is the only political correct way it has been quite interesting.

Comment

Robert,
                        Me too! I do try to read the posts several times a day. But since I have not figgered out how to post a photo to a post, I\\\\\\\'m just waiting. My biggest problem with the site is that I don\\\\\\\'t know whether I\\\\\\\'m the one with the problem or if it\\\\\\\'s the site. Every time I try to do something it seems I get \\\\\\\"un logged\\\\\\\". But I have found some ol\\\\\\\' friends from the forum on facebook. I\\\\\\\'m hangin in there, readin posts at least...

What really honked me off was that whenever anyone clicked on my blog under my signature it came up as UN TRUSTED. Everywhere else that the blog is clicked on from was fine. I didn\\\'t know this until today. After I deleted the signature/blog in the setting and reapplied them the blog opens fine...

Tom H
                        Last edited by Tom-H; 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM.
                        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

I trust you Tom! And so does my browser.
                          Terry

Comment

I will just sit this site out until it is properly set up. This change
                            caused me to lose all my old data and subscribe under another
                            users\' name.
                            Oscar

Comment

I do not understand why it is taking so long to get it worked out. I have gone thought a number of major changes on other forums. They all had issues to work out but this one is getting old. But the function of the site is second to those on it. This has always had a great group of carver who shared. We have lost some. But I am not ready to give up yet. I do hope they find a solution soon. If it does not people will move on and that will be sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X