Can\\\'t whittle all the time.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can\\\'t whittle all the time.......

During our travels this summer I saw several examples of this type of lawn art/garbage container over in Newfoundland and thought I\\\'d try my hand at making one for myself. It takes longer than you would think to prep and paint the barrel so I guess it\\\'s much the same as carving..............about .50 cents an hour when all is said and done...

Sept 26th 2015 008.jpgSept 26th 2015 007.jpg
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Re: Can\\\'t whittle all the time.......

I know what your mean. After I made the Quilted Northern Mr Froggy toilet paper roll holder, I got request from my grandson and son-in-law for holders. Grandson wants a Peterbilt Cabover and the son-law-wants deer antler. neither have much carving, just some serious layout, cutting, glueing and painting. Got to make my self be patient and take my time. Would much rather have a knife in my hand, Oh well Keeps the old head at work (overtime). . .JoeB
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hey Wayne
      You weren\'t long finishing up the barrel, Looks super great, my wife being a Newfoundlander loves it, again great job
      Bruce

Comment

Really nice painting on the barrel. That would hold a lot of wood chips though.

Comment

That,s a cool piece of lawn art! Any special kind of paint used?
          Greg

Comment

I miss read the first time, That barrel really turn out good. Like the flower on the front, of coarse, being carnation, da, I think I had better go take a hot shower. Great job. . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Outstanding and looks like it was a fun project!!
              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by GregGerard View Post
                That,s a cool piece of lawn art! Any special kind of paint used?
                No special paint; I just used some cheap metal/rust paint that I had left over from when I was repairing lawnmowers. I picked it up at the local hardware store.
                Wayne

Comment

Thanks Dileon;....Yes it was a fun project and has brought a few comments. I now have a request to do a similar one depicting a huge beer can....
                  Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X