Things picking up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things picking up?

I hope it is just not me, but it seems post are picking up a bit. Fingers crossed. . . JoeB
    . . .JoeB

Re: Things picking up?

I was thinking that too. Shows how much work time I waste coming here. It is coming into the season where there is not much to be done outside.

Comment

It\'s possible. Summer is done. Either that or folks are becoming resigned to the new set-up as awkward as it is. I\'m just annoyed that we seem to have lost thousands of useful illustrations.

I take comfort in a quote attributed to the great Galileo:
      \"Never refuse an old wine or a new idea.\"
      Brian T

Comment

Just wait \'till we all get snowbound, things will pick up then. Nothing else to do then;carve and post.....lol
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I can feel the difference. We\'ve had a cold & snowy (20\") spell and I got a lot done. The S wind picked up, the temp went up and it\'s wet outside. I can see some of the grass in my back yard! No interest in the carving for now.
          Brian T

Comment

s are still hanging on a thread (sorry, I couldn\'t resist).
            Arthur

Comment

I wish I could share the optimism. But, the first thing I look at is Forum Information and Options to see how many are online. Currently 1 member (me) and 60 guests. Before the descent to our current status, there were never less than 100.

That being said I continue to follow the advice of Galileo and will keep sipping this wine (old, corrupted, weakened, whatever) until the last drop. WCI Forum is still the best thing available online.

Comment

I also am hanging in there, however maybe like other \'Old Timers\' on
                this forum I have been viewing other wood carvers forums of interest.
                However I do check in every morning to see if the interest in posting
                has improved.
                Oscar

Comment

I am just glad to be able to log in again

Comment

The thing to remember is that people do not come because of the quality of the interface. It is the quality and quantity of the posts that will bring in people. So folks, use it or lose it.

Comment

Well said Steev. . . JoeB
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

I\\\'m going to disagree about the quality interface. If it\\\'s a pain to use, people will very often move on. I do it frequently with various forums/sites. I have been using FB groups far more often than here. That being said, I do still use this forum because I\\\'m hoping that it\\\'s soon back to what it once was if not better. I find myself wishing I could \\\"search\\\" many times a day...maybe one day.

Comment

I think the weather as brought about more activity. I see it on other site also. I am a fan of the WCI and have been around for a few years and I plan to stay on. But I am tiered of the mess the site has been in. I find I spend more time on other sites. I click on photos and have to sign in again to see them. I have to sign out and sign back in to get PM\\\'s. Some times I go from heading like Holiday to one of the others and go to write a reply I find I have been signed out and have to sign in again if I want to do the reply. I will be glad when It all get works out. Along with the ridicules slashes.
                          Last edited by carvingbarn; 12-06-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I agree with taking a fairly quick look, and moving on. Search function nor the Private Message function works for me. Get dumped trying to look at photos. This morning 3 members and 49 guests on the forum. I don\'t think things are changing and with the increasing popularity of Facebook; am afraid we may never get back to where we were.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Guraedy View Post
                              I agree with taking a fairly quick look, and moving on. Search function nor the Private Message function works for me. Get dumped trying to look at photos. This morning 3 members and 49 guests on the forum. I don\\\\\\\'t think things are changing and with the increasing popularity of Facebook; am afraid we may never get back to where we were.
                              I agree, Paul, I don\'t see any progress. At this rate of \"change,\" the forum unfortunately is increasingly taking on the appearance of a dead duck. It\'s really hard to believe that if a sincere effort was really being made that things could drag on this long. Even starting from scratch, surely there are \"off the shelf\" programs out there that would have the job done well before this. Good will, I\'m afraid, is about exhausted among the faithful. The forum just isn\'t fun or interesting any longer, and who needs more frustration in their lives? Granted, I still check in daily, hopefully, disappointingly, as I\'m sure many others do, but for how much longer?
                              Arthur

Comment

Working...
                              X