Morning person can make carving difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning person can make carving difficult

My Frien\\\\\\\'s, All of my life I have felt that the absolute best time of the day was from an hour or so before sunrise until an hour or so afterwards. My mother hated mornings and once told me, \\\\\\\"It must be terrible to be a morning person like you.\\\\\\\"

I had to ask, \\\\\\\"Why?\\\\\\\"

\\\\\\\"Because your day has no where to go but down hill. I know that my day has to get better.\\\\\\\" This made a strange kind of sense to me; but, did not affect my love of the morning hours.

Still, I realize there are inconveniences. Such as having to keep very quiet so as not to awaken your \\\\\\\"Night Owl\\\\\\\" spouse. This morning I was reminded of another problem.

My carving table faces a large window. Which, in turn, faces east. I glanced up from my carving and was drawn to the front porch. Carving had to take a back seat as I enjoyed a cup of coffee and a wonderful sunrise.
    Attached Files

Re: Morning person can make carving difficult

Beautiful sunrise, Paul! I share your early bird tendencies, generally up about 5 a.m., if the dogs don\'t wake me earlier. My wife is also of the night owl variety, sleeping in until about 7:30-8:00 every day...she misses the best part of the day! I am also partial to the evening twilight hours, as was my mother.

Rest of the day is usually too busy, and night-time is for sleeping, so the early morn and dusk are the best time for quiet, reflection, and taking stock.
    Arthur

Comment

I am up at 4 AM....in bed early. My window and table face the ocean sun rise....and it is beautiful pink sky....with my coffee. It is very peace way to get up and do mediation of what I am going to do with my day. I love the quiet peaceful mood....and I can think better without all the day noise. Fact is wander down the beach .....and saw a snow man..... Have a beautiful holiday with peace of mind is something very valuable in times of major trouble this country is having. Wood carving is a very meditational and healing for me....I am grateful I can still carve in spite of my health issues.
      Attached Files
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

If I had that kind of view, I would be a morning person too!
        But my view is of a train switch yard and a stock yard. Used to love the sunrises driving to work. Guess I\'d have to take an early morning drive to see one now.

Comment

Breathtaking Paul. You are very fortunate. We are also blessed living away from the hussle and bussle of the city lights here in the Adirondacks. Thanks for posting.
          Carve On,
          Kadiddle

Comment

Hi Paul,
            I\\\\\\\'m an early riser and agree the best time of the day but sunsets aren\\\\\\\'t too bad either. Here is a shot taken from Beverly Shores, Indiana looking at the skyline of Chicago.

Dan
            Attached Files

Comment

That\'s a beautiful photo Dan

Comment

Good Morning everyone....hope you have time for a little carving.... I am carving those hedgehog in the Wood Carving Illustrated magazine....they are a darn cute holiday gift. We are clear sky,...super high waves, 40 feet across means 80 feet high...when they hit the beach it sounds like thunder. But this am...the sun rising sky is bright pink! Since it is Sunday....the morning is super quiet, everyone sleeps in....and I have tons of quiet neighbors.
                Attached Files
                . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Well, I can say that I am more of a sunset person. While still working fulltime the mornings I will save till I retire. I find it beautiful all the sites each of you share, all splendid to look at. I live in the country, some acreage, no neighbors in site, no street lights and being 20 miles from the capital city, dark enough to see the stars at night. I carve mostly in the evenings after chores are done, and only getting about 6 hours in a week, more on the weekend if weather is poor. Just last night, enjoyed an outside fire as it was a pleasant 50 outside and a early view of a setting sky through the wind mill.....
                  Attached Files
                  www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

Looks great Eric, enjoy to the most. . .JoeB
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi, friends! What about the question discussed here, it may be so, but there is nothing bad in it as you can always find help at this place http://skywritingservice.com/blog/26-tips-how-to-become-morning-person

Comment

i have heard rumors that there are two 5 o\'clocks every day, but I tend to disbelieve anything I have not seen myself.
                        Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.

Comment

Working...
                        X