Fed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up!

I am so completely fed up with this forum ( yeah I know \\\"it\\\'s free\\\" ) that i\\\'ve decided to not even try to log on any more! ! l\\\'ll hang around some of the Facebook sites to try and get my carving fix from now on. I won\\\'t go so far as to say I\\\'l\\\'ll never come back here, but I won\\\'the be back until somebody can convince me that this site is finally back to it\\\'s old self.
    If I had of encountered this much trouble when I joined back in 2008 I more than likely would have taken up another hobby to start with!
    That\\\'s it ; over and out
    Soggy
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Re: Fed up!

Unfortunately another one bites the dust.
    Many old time members and former frequent contrubutors apparently feel the same way.
    Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

I agree, in character carving forum, no posts since Christmas. Sad. No from the tried and true carvers anymore. I don\'t do facebook so I have no idea where I can hang out to see great work and meet others... I will pop in and out but who wants to post something they wont get feedback on?
      www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

I continue my dream that the Forum will return to something useful to woodcarving. As has been stated not much being posted and that leaves little to comment or leave feedback about.

This morning there are 2 members and 44 guests on here. I am willing to bet that a good portion of the 44 are members who have taken a quick look and decided it is not worth signing in.

I will continue to sign in and check the Forum nearly every morning. If I have nothing else to say maybe I will remember to at least say, Glad you are still posting.

Hell of a start to the New Year!

Comment

Oh Well, I visit this forum on the daily basis and sometimes
          there are no new posts, then again, I guess the bad weather
          we have been having across the Country has probably kept
          some of the \'old timers\' busy trying to survive some of the
          bad flooding they are encountering. Just remember \'computer
          glitches do happen.
          Oscar

Comment

Hi Eric
            I have joined up on lumber jocks, get lots of people viewing my posts. not a lot of direct replies
            Bruce

Comment

I check the Lumberjocks forum from time to time, and I see a few names familiar from this list on it. Not much activity on that list, either...not enough activity to make me want to join. Does anyone know of an active forum?
              Arthur

Comment

I\'m in a bunch of them to see what people like to carve and how they sharpen their tools. Other sites I dislike. Felt I was always looking up into their noses. They are all sporadic, why, I don\'t know. Some used to be just jumping. One outfit sold their site and the new admin really came close to poisoning the whole deal.
                Many of them run well on a more sophisticated version of this new WCI package.
                - Woodworkers Institute (UK)
                - Bushcraft UK (UK)
                - Woodwork Forums (Australia)
                - Woodworking Talk (USA)
                - Woodworking Chat (USA)
                - Paleoplanet Forums (USA?)
                Brian T

Comment

This forum cannot survive on today\'s posts alone. There is a huge body of useful carving information, but it is inaccessible because the search function is broken. This is vital! The Facebook group is okay if you only want your 15 seconds in front of fellow carvers.

Comment

+1 Phil. I posted a whole bunch of threads and pictures in the hopes that beginners might benefit. You and many others did, too. I believed that there is and was no carving website on the entire internet with the encyclopaedic value that WCI had. . . . until it got hacked.

Instead of getting pi$$y about it, I wonder what can be done to rebuild the resources under this new shabby software cloud.
                    Brian T

Comment

to my mind, the biggest single issue is the pics. they used to be easy to view, the little navigable rows of thumbnails were great. the back and forward button system is sorely lacking.
                      Buffalo Bif
                      bflobif.com

Comment

+1BB: text is one thing but illustrations must be a core value.
                        Brian T

Comment

BB:
                          Exact same number of clicks of the mouse as before! Before: Left-click on the thumbnail, view the photo, left-click somewhere to close the photo. Now: Right-click on the thumbnail, slide the cursor over and select Open in a new window, view the photo, then click the little X to close the window.

Claude
                          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Ha!! facebook is going to the dogs.....more and more ads .... people can post who are not allowed to, I have been hacked and more. It is a very unsafe place .....as they continue to store more and more information on you. Ever done a search in your name.....you would be shocked at the amount of information on you that anyone can get. And what about what facebook thinks your interest are???......90 percent of it is dead wrong. The world of the internet is major changing. I am beginning to think places like facebook will lead the terrorist right to your front door and also the criminals who just want to break in and steal your tools. People need to stop and think hard about the net and what you say. As far as the site ....it is just like art, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, some times you need to rebuild....sometimes you need to throw it away and make something new. That is the Chaos of creation....and it exist with the computer major. One day everything is fine, and the next some one burnt it down....what can you do, but accept it and move on. Wood carving is something heart felt with me, it major reduces life stresses and it reduces chronic pain and that is priceless. Yea I remember the old forum....and I will remember this one and when ever they can add a new program that works,... I will jump for joy. Right now I compare this problem .....to Windows 8 program it was junk, but I love windows 10.....the computer and its endless love/hate relationships we have with it. One day I want to throw it out the window and run over it with car and next I can not live without it.
                            Last edited by Dileon; 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I do miss the active site we had. I check in most days but I do not have any of the problems on other forums I have on the WCI site sense the changes. And sadly it dose not seem to be getting much better. It would help If they could resolve the issues. I try an stay signed in but it is about a 50/50 chance I will have to sign in when I open the WCI. It is about the same when I try to view a picture, I am ask to sign in again before the picture will open. Some of you have given suggestions to resolved these issues but it dose not change. I am not being a computer guy and I was not sure if it was just me. I ask a friend who builds and sets up commercial internet systems about it when he was here for dinner a few weeks ago. He looked at is and assured me it was not me. When people can navigate around other sites with out all the issues they have to deal with here they will just leave. More and more of those of us who have been hanging on hoping it would be fixed are slipping away. Sad.
                              Last edited by carvingbarn; 01-07-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X