X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gypsy31
    replied
    Re: Fed up!

As a Bird Carver, I have enjoyed this site since 2009, due to forgetting my password I had to start as a newbie. I was hoping that visiting this site once a week or so there would be an improvement,however I see the site is still broken. So I visit Bird Carvers on line in Facebook on the daily basis, but I will faithfully, lurk around every now and then to see if there is an improvement.
    Oscar

Leave a comment:

• Steve838
    replied

I can honestly say that this web site is directly responsible for my favorite hobby of wood carving. I just checked my profile and see that next week will be my FIFTH anniversary on this site. I don\\\\\\\'t remember what attracted me to the site in the first place, but once on I was hooked. Everything I know about carving came from the carvers on this site, from Gene Messer and from Lynn D. As you can see, I have not been an active poster, but I can tell you that I have checked out the site virtually every day, through thick and thin. Somehow I have faith that it will get better, but I still enjoy it every day. There are still a handful of members who continually post, and that is what keeps me coming back. I have been in the \\\\\\\\\\\"moving mode\\\\\\\\\\\" these past several months and have not done any carving, due to lack of facilities. I now have access to one of the greatest wood shops in the area and plan to get back to carving. I just wanted to thank those of you who have stayed faithful to this site and encourage you all to contact those who \\\\\\\\\\\"fell off the wagon\\\\\\\\\\\" to come on back. It is the members who make the site great, and it is a great site. And yes, I can tolerate the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\s. A small price to pay for what we get from the site. Thanks again to all of you and keep carving and be safe.
    Last edited by Steve838; 04-30-2016, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rsting
    replied

I hadn\'t checked in for a while, but it seems to be working better. Not nearly as good as it used to be, but usable. Also, I figured out that if you\'re using a tablet, you have to request desktop site to get anything out of it.
    I\'ll be back more often now.
    Russ

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

Nomad, I agree with you. But, am not surprised that a few of us are hanging in there with the dream that the Forum will return to the reservoir of woodcarving knowledge and level of assistance it once was.

Patience...exactly. When I carve in public I am often told. I wish I could be a woodcarver. I tell them, It only takes two things to become a woodcarver. Want too and patience.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

Good to see you back Brent. The forum software is still crippleware but the folks that have persisted here still make this a welcoming place on the internet. Patience is our biggest virtue.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied

Hi Brent ,glad to see you back and jope you start posting your work again. Merle

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied

I too became fed up with this forum around the last/first of the year. I had trouble logging in and then just trying to read posts was a chore.
    So, I just decided to give them a chance to get it all worked out and then come by and try again.
    Well, learning curve aside, I am beginning to adjust to this forum again.
    The people behind this site should not be chastised for trying to keep out the junk and crap from those that piggyback honest, decent and busy sites.
    I applaud these people for their efforts in keeping this site clean and junk free.
    If you know any of the older posters, write them and let them know it is back and seems to be \"bump\" free for the most part.
    I know that I really missed coming here each day and reading and posting with others.
    Just my 2 cents........but glad to be back.

brent

Leave a comment:

• Steev
    replied

Originally posted by jillsy View Post
    Unfortunately, i haven\\\'t been on here for the same reason. This is very hard to navigate. i can\\\'t find the basics like how to post a new thread or search for a specific item. I\\\'m not even sure this comment will work!
    Unfortunately, the search function is one of the things that is broken, so no normal search, or Todays post or anything that works by searching the site.

Leave a comment:

• Carver Eric
    replied

Jillsy, you can start a new thread from a categories main page in the green header. I am getting use to new format, but still bugs abound.

Leave a comment:

• jillsy
    replied

Unfortunately, i haven\'t been on here for the same reason. This is very hard to navigate. i can\'t find the basics like how to post a new thread or search for a specific item. I\'m not even sure this comment will work!

Leave a comment:

• Jesse_C
    replied

I\'ve picked up a lot of good information from this site since I began with it. This new forum is definitely falling short of where it should be, at least that\'s the way I view it in my little mind. I plan to stick it out, hoping it will work its way back to being the best forum for woodcarving around.

Jesse

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied

Wow, it finally let me post something. Hipppp Hippppp Hooooray! I have missed this place.
    Donna_T

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied

I still can\'t post, but I can read and see all postings. I keep trying. Someday.........

Leave a comment:

• Jesse_C
    replied

I miss it also

Leave a comment:

• Kadiddle
    replied

I have decided that logging in multiple times is a pain, and will not do it anymore, so unfortionately will not be able to view some post that will be made. I will be glad when cloud 9 gets this fixed so we can get this back to a productive and sharing forum. Some of the pictures I can view and some not, no matter how much snake oil I apply. Thanks to all that have tried to help others, and to all that do post. Take care.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X