Sunrise, coffee, turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise, coffee, turkeys

Sometimes being a morning person offers special rewards. This morning the sunrise was just starting as I headed for the coffee pot. It looked like it might be especially nice. I got my coffee, walked out onto the porch, turkeys were gobbling all around the Hollow and the sunrise just kept getting better and better.
    Attached Files

Re: Sunrise, coffee, turkeys

Beautiful view, Paul. That probably required two cups of coffee to watch.

Comment

It started toward a 2 mug morning. But, I stood looking at the sunrise and listening to the way the wild turkeys were gobbling on one ridge, answered by those down in the Hollow, who were answered by those up on the opposite ridge. I finally went in to refill my coffee mug and saw that the sun was peaking over the ridge. Color was going fast. But all was not lost, I have a snowy owl sitting on my carving bench. Beauty comes in all forms.

Comment

Please, show us that owl in its present state.

Comment

Life is good eh. Thanks for sharing.
          Terry

Comment

That is a wonderful view.

Comment

Nancy G the snowy is in Birds and Animals.
              Last edited by Paul_Guraedy; 04-14-2016, 02:25 PM. Reason: corrected location

Comment

Best time of the day! Hot coffee, beautiful view, nature at her best.
                Arthur

Comment

I am urban- its coffee, sunrise over the neighborhood, and the turkeys are human....
                  Buffalo Bif
                  www.bflobif.com

Comment

Sunrise first. Bag the turkey. Rest on the mountainside, watching the frost melt off the grass. Drink coffee, enjoy the view.
                    Brian T

Comment

I don\'t hunt the turkeys, deer or bear. These are my money crop. Hunters pay me to go after them and then put some of there harvest in my deep freeze.I will go after squirrels now and then as no one seems to want to hunt them anymore and I like squirrel better than most any other game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Guraedy View Post
                        I don\\\\\\\'t hunt the turkeys, deer or bear. These are my money crop. Hunters pay me to go after them and then put some of there harvest in my deep freeze.I will go after squirrels now and then as no one seems to want to hunt them anymore and I like squirrel better than most any other game.
                        Nothing like a good squirrel stew, but I do like venison sausage especially in my red beans. I get all the sausage I want from my hunter sons...I don\'t hunt, myself.
                        Arthur

Comment

Working...
                        X