Burnt To The Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burnt To The Ground

Are you ready to go? Can you run for your life? I think I can. I\'m half packed. Stuff from the filing cabinets is in the bag.
    The strangest crap can melt your lives. Maybe you never have to do it. All the same, climate change will dictate some things we do.

Take a long, hard look at what \"The Beast\" cooked out of the heart of Fort McMurray. That fire is unstoppable. It might not die until next winter.
    Get your act together. Got 20 minutes? What you gonna pack?
    Brian T

Comment

Scary questions to ponder.....
      what is REALLY important?

Comment

Robson, I know the feeling! It happened to us Nov 2014. We Packed our vehicles and took them to town then came back and watched as it crested the mountain and started towards us. Its an awful feeling thinking you may lose everything. Last minute the wind changed and it went a different direction and we were okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Larry

Comment

The Fort Mac firestorm was running 25+mph and pushing 1,000*C like a blacksmith\'s forge. Green trees explode like popcorn. Burning branches as thick as your arms were being tossed ahead of the fire front.
          BUT
          Fire crews from all ovver the place saved most of the city. Some saw their own houses go up as they saved the house next door.
          If you need to watch, CBC \\Nnews or Global News is plenty.

I have only one single piece of advice.
          Tonight, make a list. More than that, collect all your important stuff and put it in ONE BOX. Chances are with 15 minutes notice, that\'s about all you can get away with.

Fort Mac fire storm came in so fast people had to abandon pets or die with them.
          Brian T

Comment

Working...
          X