Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brushpilecarvings
    replied
    Re: Meeting Clayton Bebe and a few others.

That's one photogenic water buffalo! Just look at that smile Talking

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Terry ,
    Yep but the one in Wheeling has something those don't have ..

The African velt =)

Leave a comment:

• brushpilecarvings
    replied

Garry,

There's also a Cabela's store in Hamburg, PA near Reading. It's about 2 1/2 hours away from the eastern panhandle of WV. Gander Mountain also opened a store in Winchester, VA on Route 37.

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Beebee,

You know if you had not said that about sharpening the knife, I doubt I would have ever done it. I have that knife hanging is a place where I can see it often.

I will not try it first , I would not want to damage the edge , but as soon as I do a few edges I will so I can tell you how it does.

As for spending time with you, I can only say I was very honored that you and your family made the trip to spend time with me. I can never express how much I enjoyed the time together.

Garry

Leave a comment:

• beebee58
    replied

Ash, Thanks for spending the time with us. As you found out Clayton has some "walking issues" (he has to take breaks often). And your right about the "FROGS" they LOVE them. All I heard on the way home was the OWLS.

It turned out to be a busy weekend for me. I worked 24 hours on Friday, drove 4 hours to go to the show and on the 4 hour drive home I got a call from another fireman that he needed the 2nd 12 hours off. So I went into work at 7:30 pm. So I ended up working 36 of 48 hours with 8 of the 12 hours off driving, FUN weekend.

Ash, Also let me know how that "new" sharpening system works out (try it on new "Hunting" knife that you may have lying around).

BB

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Next time I go up , I will look for him. I could spend a week in there just studying the animals.

Ash

But have to say the second best part of the trip was watching Clayton and Eric showing me the frogs !

The Best was spending 3 days with my son.

LOL
    Ash

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

Great pictures Ashby,glad you had a great time,I have a cousin that sold a record deer to Cabela's it called the "Gettings Deer",from what I understand he could have bought a new SUV for what they gave him.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Ash, looks like you have a full load there friend. Glad you met the BEEBEEs and attended the show for a while,
    Drive safely.

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Don,

His cottonwood bark Indian took a first place ribbon. The one that the headress split while he was working on it .

Leave a comment:

• Don by the lake
    replied

Gary
    Sounds like a great time, wish I could have gone. Just curious about Mark Gargac who is a friend of mine. How did he do in the show?

Leave a comment:

• santagibbs
    replied

Thanks for the pictures
    Ashbys . I am glad that you told me the winners as I wasn't sure what Lynn won... My Goodness, to win second place in Best of the Show is super! Sometimes when a judge has to choose between two carvings that are equal in talent he just HAS to choose one... Congradulations Lynn! The drive was peaceful I am sure . Beautiful scenery in that part of the country. My Great Great Great Grandfather etc... was named Harper and was from Harpers Ferry ..I always wanted to go there. Sorry about your Mother as that happened to Curtis and me one time ..Got the shot and two days later neither one could wait on the other..Picked it up i the doctors office before the shot could take effect..
    Charlotte

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Bob ,
    have to say If you ever get the chance to go to Cabela's stores , the trip is worth driving 150 miles out of the way to see.

The room where the full mounts of the Mule Deer , and Whitetails are has about 200 mounts , combined with fox , bobcats , lynx , cougars , mountain goats, moose , elephants , lions , jaguars, ibex, really just amazing. it really is something to see.

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Tony ,
    Yes the carving is a Boone. It was the Best of Show piece and took first place.

Lynn's Canoe and moose took second . Both really outstanding pieces. I am not sure what the judges saw But I would not have wanted to be the judge to chose one over the other.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Sounds like you had a super day Garry! I'm green with envy! Thank you for sharing it with us though, so we can share in your excitement. Splendid carving and beautiful deer!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Anthony Filetti
    replied

Garry,
    Great to hear you had a great time. I have to say that I love the carving you took a picture of, it looks like a Boone? Care to tell us more?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X