X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squbrigg
    replied
    Re: 5 minutes at a time

Poor Whitecree.....you are having serious withdrawl symptoms! Your little "five min. fix's" are an indicator, as are your D.T.'s (Delirium Toolius) You need professional help ....... sip the tea of steeped Cedar chips and call you nearest carver in the morning!!! LOL

Bob

Leave a comment:

• whitecree
    replied

(sigh)

I keep hearing those tools calling me. My hands are itchy. My feet are twitchy.

Ever see those old Pink Panther movies where chief inspector Dreyfuss winds up with one eye twitching madly? I'm beginning to feel like him.Head Bange

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

WC, I would wait a while longer, No need topush it. After all, if you don't, it could become soemthing you don't want is the use of your hand. I had tendonitist in '73 and I put up with the pain and kept on working and after a couple of months, I couldn't use my hand. After 6 months of recovery and not being able to do much, I was back to doing whatever but for those first 2 to 3 months, it was boring.

Leave a comment:

• Krum
    replied

I know the pain and agony that your having. Especially when trying to carve! OUCH! One thing I may suggest. Buy a arm wrap that has a cushion of air at Wal-Mart in the medical section about $12.00. I was very limited not only the time but what I tools I could use. After learning of this wrap I can now and have been using mallet tools! It just gives a little pressure on that muscle and it does work for me very well. Before I had to stop for hours. Now I can carve all day and I am not up all nite with the pain.
    It's better then having those shots-that actually set me back and cheaper then a doc visit!
    Good luck..and happy carving!
    Krum

Leave a comment:

• Nancy-G
    replied

I understand - but BE CAREFUL. Go slow and please take care of that arm. Remember if you do anymore damage you could be "on hold" a lot longer than you planned.
    Here's a hug for your arm (((whitecree)))

Leave a comment:

• whitecree
    started a topic 5 minutes at a time

5 minutes at a time

Don't tell my wife or the Doc, but for the last couple of days I've been sneaking down to the shop and doing a bit of carving. Tennis elbow be d***ed.

So far, so good. No real pain.

I feel like a naughty little boy sneaking into the cookie jar...
Working...
X