Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did you do Coal or Tools?

Hey Ron,
    I got a hand made quilt from my mother also. I didn't get any carving tools for Christmas because I chose to get other things this year. Well I did get a new Mouse sander, but I use it for more than just carving.

Happy New Year everyone,
    groozier
    To God be the Glory, Amen.

Comment

No tools, but a lot of cloths....my wife and kids must be trying to tell me something.....and a new watch (to tell me when to stop carving and go to bed). Talking

Happy New Year to all, behave yourselves and no dancing on the tables, or you might have to carve yourself a cane for a bit.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

No coal! No socks, No underware! but no tools either. But then again I told everyone that I had everything that I ever wanted. Got $ for a flat bed scanner. Had more fun giving than ever before. Had carved all female members of the family Santa pins. All a big hit. Made several "new" members to the family Noahs Arks with 24 sets of animals. I'd call that a great time. Tom H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got Coal Ron !

But I was so happy to get it ... I have something planned for it

Ash

Comment

My wife got me the Makita electric chainsaw I wanted so I can carve in the shop. That saw is great!

Comment

I got a nice set of micro gouges, a couple of ramelson u gouges, and a stubi u gouge....all from Rick at Littleshavers. I guess my wife thought I had been good this year! Now, how do you use these things??

Blake

Comment

With great anticipation, I bounded up out of bed at 4 ayem, brought the turkey in from the back porch where it stayed all nicely chilled, rammed that sucker into the oven and got her cooking.

Continuing on with my boy-scout like activities, I made a big pot of coffee, tip-toed into the living room to switch on the tree lights, almost tripping on and getting lost under the mound of goodies.

Impatiently, I waited, with baited breath for my grandson to holler for the first time of the day. I made sure all cameras were loaded, had fresh batteries, fresh tape, fresh film. I fed my herd of cats. I plugged the aquarium lights in and fed the pirahnas.

I drank the first pot of coffee, what the heck is with everybody? All a bunch of sleepyheads!
                Another pot of coffee was now gurgling and chuckling away. I peeked into my grandson's bedroom. My daughter was awake. She just rolled her eyes at me and plopped her head back down. Grandson still snoring.

Went outside, turned on the outside lights. 7:am, and still nobody up. Sheesh!

After a longer than anticipated wait, people finally start dragging themselves out of bed. Joyfully did my heart leap as presents were handed out, my grandson making a fine Santa's helper with many a 'hohoho murry cusmus' (he's only 2)

So what did I get?

Socks.

Baby

Comment

I got coal and I was good for 2 weeks. No carving tools this year, but I do have some that I been wanting. I did get a couple of new golf clubs. But for some reason it decided to snow 12" here a record for this city, so no golf for a couple of weeks.
                  Mel

Comment

Mel, I tried that Golf Hunting once. Never did find one. But if did get some of their eggs for sure. Didn't like them much nother. I like a 4 minute boild egg but these here golf eggs were really hard after about 4 minutes of boiling. Then I had to use a hammer to break themthere golf eggs and man di they stank once opened up. And the color of them Golf Yoks, Geexz. The they be rubbery tasting and I kepted on chewing and chewing and chewing, Had to spit the dang thing out. Nah, I don't like them Golf eggs much no how!

Happy New Year ta y'll

Comment

Santa brought me the most wonderful present a grandfather could ask for...my two little elves in from Florida for three weeks for the Holidays!!!

Chuck

Comment

Cute little Elve's there Chuck. Enjoy their visit they grow up fast.
                        Ron

Comment

Found a set of dockyards and a fox chapel gift certificate in my stockingSmile

Comment

I got a Gonzalez skew, and a book I've been trying to get for a couple of years--Ornamental Woodcarving in the Norwegian Tradition.

Santa was very good to me!

Comment

Working...
                            X