Colin made the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin made the news

i should have said one of Colin's wood spirits made the news per attached.

High Park is in Downtown Toronto,which is quite a distance from were Colin lives. If his woodspirits keep spreading far and wide.Colin will become the
    "Johhny Appleseed" of tree spirits.
    I recognized the style before i read the caption.

Frank
    Safety first

Re: Colin made the news

Looks like a Colin original to me! I tried to get him to come to FL and carve a few. Then his fame would be wide spread!
    Wade

Comment

It is a Colin original for sure. To Bad the town in central Kansas didn't go ahead and have hime down to carve all the trees the lost in 2005 due to the ice storm.

Comment

Oh no, I thought Colin was going to take it easy for a while. With all the media attention, he's sure to get request...well its good to be busy. Congrat's on the media attention Colin.
        Patrick

Comment

Whew...when you said Colin made the news, I was going to ask you when he would be released?
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Way to go Colin! Are we going to able to say we knew you when you weren't a celebrity? Cheers Best regards. Mike
            Matthew

Comment

Wow! In the news. That's just great!

Reminds me of an experience back in the early 1980's when I was on a three week canoe trip on Florida's Suwannee River and where I saw my first woodspirit carved into a huge live oak tree near Branford Springs. That really inspired me to the point where carving woodspirits have become quite the mainstay for me.

Just as that first woodspirit was a great inspiration for me, I often wonder if the artist woodcarver really ever knew just how many people that he "touched" by putting that old man's face in a tree? Probably not.

Colin has carved soooooooo many woodspirt's all over Canada (and probably the U.S.) and just no telling just how many people of all ages that his work has and will continue to inspire... and that's what it's all about to me!
              Dave Brock

Comment

Congratulations Colin, it's great seeing your work celebrated! You certainly deserve the "Atta boy!"

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Very nice Colin. Well deserved. Don't legends begin this way? Tom H
                  http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X