Kenny's Ice Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny's Ice Storm

I think we all better stop and say a prayer for Kenny in North Eastern Kansas.. They are in a really bad ice storm . I sure hope their electricity holds up... Thanks Charlotte Lord Bless him and his family..

Re: Kenny's Ice Storm

Hey....add Lynn to the list....just had to saw my way out of my carport. Big limb came right down on top of it. Chain saw carving at 3:00a.m.!!!! Got a oak tree hanging right over the power line!!! Yikes!! Good thing I'm not a power carver!

Comment

Be careful, you folks out there in the ice storm area. Our TV news has been running pics of some vehicles sliding down higways, roads, into ditches, each other, and all sorts of nasty accidents....2 iches of ice wow..Tom H
      http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Franklin County in MO has been hit very hard by ice and our house lost power for a over an hour during the night.

Know what? Were's still just thanking God because Ben Ownby was found last night and returned to his family. Shawn Hornbeck, missing over 4 years, from a neighboring county was found in the same place. Praise God and the law enforcement people !!

Comment

...as a power company worker, PLEASE BE CAREFUL AROUND WIRES!!! ALWAYS ASSUME THEY ARE LIVE!! Too many people get hurt playing around wires after an ice storm.

Not to worry the ice will pass. Wishing all of you the best.
          When I cut myself, I bleed sawdust!
          Please view my carving website and blog site: http://3crosseswoodcarving.com
          My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/3CrossesWoodcarving
          My Email: [email protected]
          My Face book Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/3Cros...g/267742984970

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/3CrWoodcarving
          My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/garymcdaniel

Comment

Golly Gee Lynn and Nancy, I didn't realize that you were in the path also. I guess that you can thank the Lord for the Ice Storm Nancy if it had anything to do with those missing people.. Lynn you be careful at three in the morning that's scary .. Just remember Dr. Shullers's saying.. Iinch by Inch , everythings a chinch! Take care please..
            Charlotte

Comment

We missed the ice for now but I have heard that that south and southeast of me got hit hard. I have been thinking about Kenny and Lynn also. Just cold as a well diggers you know what and snowing here. Hope it passes soon for all your way Lynn and kenny. I know Kenny was leaving town or traveling some where this week. I am very glad they found those young boy's also that was a miracle. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers also Nancy.
              Ron

Comment

Thank you all for your concerns. I really appreciate them.Right now, in SouthEast Kansas, we are fairing pretty good. More sleet than frezzing rain. Temp is in the teens but rising just a little.
                Lynn, Will keep you all in our prayers as We know you guys are getting hit hard in that area. Talk to a friend in Pryor Ok and he has been without electric for a couple of hours. Lucky he has a generator that he has hooked to his heating unit.
                I believe Lynn has recieved more of the damaging freezing rain than we have and looks like they will get more.
                Right now, the gorund has 2 inchs of sleet on it. Pretty but that is about all it is.
                Worse of it is south of interstate 44 in Ok, Lynn is south of 44.
                That doesn't mean we won't get hit pretty hard but right now, we are doing OK.
                Thank you all.

Ron, We came back home because of the strom. Had to make sure those Grandchildren were ok. It's a Grandparent thing. We can leave again after the storm is over and probably will.

Comment

Kenny I spoke too soon I took Lou out awhile ago and we now are getting freezing rain. Had a black dog going out and a white one on return mom said.

Comment

well, we are indeed getting strange weather in diverse areas....actually worldwide! we were at 16 degrees this am when we got up! I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the bible talks about the earth going thru birth pangs before Christs return! This country needs to wake up and turn back to God before its too late, sorry if that offends you, but lack of info someday will offend you more! ok end of sermon....and all in all Arizona is still a better place to live
                    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Yep..... I read the same thing. its all there .
                      Just old Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn O. Doughty
                        Hey....add Lynn to the list....just had to saw my way out of my carport. Big limb came right down on top of it. Chain saw carving at 3:00a.m.!!!! Got a oak tree hanging right over the power line!!! Yikes!! Good thing I'm not a power carver!

Hey Lynn, how about sending "Al leged Gore" a note that you have a whole mess of "global warming" all over your carport! LOLCheers
                        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

I believe it! Amen Dave!

HMMM, I thought his name was All Bore!

Comment

Had to literally cut my way out of this place to go pick up my 93 year old Mom. Two good sized pines were down across the drive. Fortunately, we still have power but there's a little oak hanging directly over the line!! Hope it holds. Although there's ice all over my Dishtv antenna it'ss still working. Hopefully, long enough to see the playoffs.

It looks like a tornado came through here. Almost all the trees have lost their tops, a couple completely down and roots out of the ground. Funny, Boomer was real jumpy when the limbs first started falling last night but now he hardly even takes the time to look up. Going to be lots of bonfires around here for a while.

Thanks for all your concern. It's appreciated.

Comment

We'll keep all of you folks in the "ice path" in our prayers. Our winter has been extremely mild till now, and now it's just returning to normal. Some say we live in God's Pocket up here, and sometimes I think they are right.

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X