Shawn Cipa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shawn Cipa

Thats sounds painful (and expensive). I went through therapy using a technique called strumming where you roll your finger across the tendon (like strumming a guitar string). It made my toes curl and recovery was very slow. I work at a moderate pace now and if I experience pain I knock off for a day or two.
    Thanks for your reply Shawn.

Comment

were you carving with knives or power ?
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Yep, named after a guy name Graston. My son was in sports medicine and decided there was to much drugs in the sports field and oppted out to be a paramedic, which he is at the higest he can be and plans on going back to school. Anyway, Shawn, take care and do what the Drs. tell ya and don't rush it no matter how bad you want to get back in to it.
        Will be praying for you.

Comment

Shawn, I saw Hi-Ho's post and wanted to ask for more detail about your carving techniques. Do you think your elbow problem was related to carving in general, or to a more specific technique? I've read several general carving books and found most carver-authors warn about the dangers of stress and strain in carving. Do you think there's much difference between sitting and standing, and between knives/palm-tools and two-handed mallet tools? Mike
          Matthew

Comment

Working...
          X