Stolen tools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen tools!

I've noticed some posts in the past about some wives getting into carving and the possiblity of them taking over your shops and tools. Well, reverse here. Hubby has decided to get into carving just recently, my domain has been invaded! No, I think its cool really. He is almost finished with a half-hull boat. I think he is going to join up here and try to consult with Bob (Squarebriggs) Sp? Maybe Bob can presuade him to get some detail into his stuff, I can't. He needs to challenge himself. Talking

Re: Stolen tools!

GREAT! Hope we get a chance to welcome him over here.......but if he gets consorting with Bob, he WILL be challenged!

Oh, and those tools haven't been stolen, they've been NATIONALIZED!

Al

Comment

Nancy,
      Tell him to get his own tools! Just give him the credit card and turn him loose! Then he'll leave yours alone!
      Wade

Comment

Hmmmmm, he does know how to sharpen the tools he uses correctly, doesn't he??

Seriously, I'd love if my hubby would get interested in carving for himself, after all, thinking HE needed a hobby was how I got into this in the first place!

Tell your hubby we're looking forward to hearing from him and seeing some pictures of his work! Have fun! Deborah

Comment

Welcome your Hubby aboard Nancy! I'm happy to hear that he's interested in some "real" carving ........ half models ...... hurrah, man stuff!! LOL Smile

I'd be happy to push on him a little to get him into the finer detailed parts, there are some pretty spiffy ships out there with some great carved work on them! You just bring him along, and we'll work on him! I've got all kinds of draughts that he'd like.

Don't be mean now, you let him use your toys too.....er , I mean tools.......he might just buy you more!!!

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Ok, Bob and others. I'm here in person (Nancy's husband). Half-hull is coming along fabulous Bob, now I'm planning a background for the mount. Used the station method to carve out of Maple topsides, Walnut U/W laminated to a solid chunk.Tedious!

Thinking of building up a carvel planked mounting background so it's not too plain.

Next I would like to do a half of an old 12 meter, my bud and I bought one in Conn. back in '71. Mouette, US8 and it was such a pleasure to sail! Also I'm a fan of J boats.

Enough rambling, hello to all! Hey Nancy!

Bruce

Comment

bruce,

hello and welcome to the board and to a great hobby.

bart

Comment

Responses to everybody

Al, I like the term Nationalized!

Wade, What's credit?

Deborah, part of my passage to manhood was knowing how to sharpen knives or get more lessons whether I wanted them or not.

Bob, she better let me use her toys or I'll cry!

Bruce

Comment

Welcome Bruce! Your half model sounds terrific, I'm looking forward to pictures soon!!! Tons of boats to build models of: J's, sloops, schooners, yawls, snows, pinks, ships, brigs, barques, clippers, packets, frigates, barquentines, cutters, cats, ... etc, etc, etc!!!

Most of all, have fun!

If ya run into trouble with tools, let me know, I have some special ones I'd recommend just for half model building!

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Bruce,
                    I am so glad that your wife had the hobby of carving and you copied her , She could have had the hobby of knitting then someone might have had a slight smile . lol
                    Just old Jim

Comment

Originally posted by squbrigg
                      Welcome Bruce! Your half model sounds terrific, I'm looking forward to pictures soon!!! Tons of boats to build models of: J's, sloops, schooners, yawls, snows, pinks, ships, brigs, barques, clippers, packets, frigates, barquentines, cutters, cats, ... etc, etc, etc!!!
                      Ya forgot about dugout canoes. :P

Heya Bruce, welcome aboard! In case yer wondering, credit is what you don't get when you do something nice like washing dishes or sweeping the floor even when not asked to!

Comment

Welcome Bruce, glad to have you on this board.. It's always good to see a husband and wife carving team.. Nancy's a great gal...Keep posting now ..ya hear! and let us see your work.. Charlotte

Comment

Working...
                        X