Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olathe, KS

Hi all,

I'll be traveling to Olathe KS this weekend and was wondering if there were any woodcarving supply shops there for wood and / or tools.

Re: Olathe, KS

stop off in Omaha at MidWest woodworkers 14605 Wright It's out on the west end of town around 144th one block south of center. They have wood and a limited selection of carving tools. There's a Woodcraft in Kansas City KS located at 8645 Bluejacket St, Shawnee Mission, 66214 - (913) 599-2800 they have a nice selection (worth the trip down there)

Comment

Flat???? You don't know flat. I grew up in Mission, Kansas and now I live in Houston, Texas. If you want to see flat come to Houston. Everytime I go to Kansas City I laugh to myself because I did not realize how hilly it is when I was a kid. But after living in Houston it really looks hilly.Cheers

Comment

K.C. is definitely a nice change from the plains(even has rocks). I'll be going there next month for short visit and am looking forward to it

Comment

Are you from KC?

Comment

I know this is an old Thread, but anyone in Olathe, KS? I moved up here a few months ago. Still learning, any classes up here or anything? Thank y'all.

Comment

There is a club in Kansas City that has members from OP and Olathe. You're also close (?) to the Topeka club and they have a show coming up the 19-20 November--it's a great opportunity to network and replinish carving supplies. Shiela Hunter offers classes in the spring/summer/fall in south OP. The Knot Hole at Pleasant Hill has classes about every Saturday and workshops about once a month. I know that's a bit of a drive, but they have a good, basic stock of carving supplies. THe KC show is in mid--march over at John Knox Village. That's a great time to stock up on supplies and meet other KC area club members and carvers. I cannot think of any specific carving supplier. Woodcraft has a limited supply. They are in OP just east off 69/35 at the 87th street exit.

Hope some of that helps.
              Donna_T
              From Missouri

Comment

Working...
              X