body piercing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body piercing

ever notice the similarities between body piercing and wood carving.

Oh wait a min. I posted on the wrong forum. LOL

Re: body piercing

Michael....Actually, I could see woodcarving and body piercing working together quite well. How about a nicely carved "woodspirit" nose piece? Or a relief carved lip disk?

Comment

I've done a little body piercing while woodcarving!

Comment

Wade.....That's a good one......I think we all qualify for this body decoration. I've got lots of them!!

Comment

Same here! I spent 8-1/2 years in the Navy and managed to go the entire time without a tattoo or a body piercing! Carving sure has changed that!

Comment

Yep,
            i just got a piercing with a 4mm dull gouge in the end of my left thumb
            i was doing a relief, inspited by tnartests fiddler, i grabbed up a chunk of sweet gum and was working on a fiddler outline apperently with a dull gouge, and skipped...

Momma <<<<<WHERES THE BANDAIDS>>>>!

a little superglue and pressure stopped the leak, pretty nice, and so far my only piercing is closing nicely.... thank you...

watch now that ive bragged on it by midnight ill have several new holes....

Comment

OK, gang ... lets get back to the topic of this area of the forum!

If you want a body art area of the forum please discuss it with the management.

Susan
              Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
              LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
              CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

ADMIN ACTION: Moved thread to Off Topic area.

Well...I've seen tools similar to linoleum gouges used for scarfication (actually carving designs in the skin, which is followed up by the application of a caustic substance that promotes the creation of scars). But that's too hard-core for even me (with my 4 tattoos done by myself with a homemade gun).

Cam Merkle told me he sells woodburners to some tattoo shops for branding work too..

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn O. Doughty
                  Michael....Actually, I could see woodcarving and body piercing working together quite well. How about a nicely carved "woodspirit" nose piece? Or a relief carved lip disk?
                  The people of the pacific northwest already thought of that. It used to be that a high-ranking woman had her lower lip pierced and a wooden plug inserted. These plugs were sometimes carved with her clan or lineage symbols. It was called a 'labret'.

Comment

Working...
                  X