New Software!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Software!!

For many years technology has been behind the times in developing items to make things eaiser for the blind and vision impaired. But some new things are being developed everyday. Today I finally received my software that I have been looking for. Ever try using a cell phone not seeing the keys or screen not fun and now the years of remembering the key sequence of numbers you call frequently. It is called Talks there are several on the market but this is the only one that I found that does basically all except dial the number. Now when you call me and you are in my phone book it will say your name and if not it will say your number. It also reads the screen as I scroll through phone book. It basically reads everything that is on the phone and what comes through the phone. Kind of scarry at first but works great so far. Just like Christmas now all I need is the new knives I ordered.
    Ron

Re: New Software!!

Ron, those of us blessed with good vision just don't think enough of the challenges you face many times each day. It's great that this new software will help you with your cell phone, since they are one of the best connections we all have to the rest of the world. I've been looking forward to the voice recognition capability of Vista, and hope it's even close to what Microsoft is touting. It should help all of us communicate better, and if it works as advertised, it should encourage communication by making it easier for all of us who just don't do as much or as well as we should. Mike
    Matthew

Comment

We're happy for you Ron! Let us know what you think as you figure it out.
      Wade

Comment

Hey, great Ron! Let us know if it actually laughs or anything when it spots a smiley!

As an aside - nothing ever works as Microsoft says it will, and Vista is for the birds!

Comment

Working...
        X