Chris Pye website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Pye website

I can't wait for Chris Pye's new site to launch, says mid March, I hope there isn't too much of a delay

Woodcarving Workshops.tv

Re: Chris Pye website

His books, CD's and personal instruction are first class. I'm looking forward to the new on-line instruction too. Mike
    Matthew

Comment

Chris is a great teacher. His tool books put me light years ahead of where I would have been without them.

Comment

You do know that it is not free right if you go to the trems and condition page at the bottom there will be a video tab at the top.

Comment

He noted that in his newsletter when he introduced the idea. There is a lot of free content on his website though. Mike
          Matthew

Comment

Carrie Pye here.
            As in Chris Pye's wife. It's nice for me to see that the grapevine is working for us. Chris and I have been working very hard on developing our site. We have been ready to launch for over 8 weeks but have been held up by a host of issues completely outside of our control. I'd like to say tomorrow but we've been saying that for weeks now. Hang in there, it's coming soon and we think you will like it. Yes, there is a subscriber fee. Like yourselves we are of the working class and it has been a full time job for the two of us. We think you will find the price is fair.
            Cheers,
            Carrie

Comment

Thanks for the update Carrie. We're a patient bunch, with a lot of years of carving ahead of us. We'll be ready when you are. Mike
              Matthew

Comment

I, too, can't wait to see Cris Pye's site. How will we know when it is ready?
                Thanks,
                Nancy (graphicgranny)

Comment

Chris Pye's website is ready. I got the e-mail today with a link to the site and the sign-up. It looks good to me. Mike
                  Matthew

Comment

Indeed, our new site launched yesterday. Please check us out at www.woodcarvingworkshops.tv . We are counting on members to give us feedback on what they want to see on the site. We have started with 64 video lessons with a committment to add atleast 52 more in the coming year. Hope you like it.
                    Cheers, Carrie

Comment

signed up good site hope to see more

Comment

I signed up and, as a long time fan, I think it's great.
                        The videos that I viewed so far are mostly a review of things I have read and/or seen in Chris' books and videos...but for me, there is nothing wrong with review!
                        ...plus, there is something more immediate about watching Chris actually doing things such as the exercises and projects that don't come through in the books and have not been addressed in earlier videos.

I have watched a few more than a dozen of the videos ( X10 technique/grips).
                        I want to view them methodically so I don't overlook antyhing.
                        One had a technical glitch noted by a couple of other viewers. The sound level of Chris' narration could be tweeked up a bit for these old ears, but really for underUS $9/month(8.5 British Pounds) for total access it's worth at least the first year of viewing...just to see where it takes me.
                        Great idea and pretty good execution, too.

RussL.

Comment

Help!

I tried loggin on to Chris Pye's site this morning and couldn't do so... it appears as though there are some techincal difficulties going on near his end of the site... I am using Internet Explorer 8 ... and then tried using Mozilla Firefox...still same results... here's what happened after I try going to his website:

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find chrispye-woodcarving.com

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

this is the URL

Member Login*|*Woodcarving Workshops

Im having no trouble
                            check your caps lock etc

Comment

I'm back in business! I'm good with computers and tried using several different web browsers to access Chris Pye's site but I kept having the same issue and apparently after a response from Mrs. Carrie Pye, I wasn't the only one (in the states) having similar issues...

After Mrs. Pye consulted their web team I learned the trouble was attributed to "sunspots," which of course there's nothing the Pyes can do about that. Just glad I can get back on now.

I don't know about everyone else but watching a video of a professional wood carver is the next best thing to standing beside them while they carve... books are great, and so are web sites - as I do spend more time on those trying to learn techniques than actually carving but having a video library at our disposal is incredible...

If the Pyes are reading; I would love to see Chris take on a different project for each video series taking us through all of his steps from design through to completion...being able to watch him do this is amazing. My biggest problem is the fact that he makes it look so easy and sometimes (artificially) boosts my confidence... when I end up in front of my bench with a mallet and chisel in hand I'm like ... ... ... ... honey, can you hand me my laptop --- lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X