Woodcarving - online classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodcarving - online classes

Is anybody out there interested in online carving classes?

re: Woodcarving - online classes

This question is too vague. What type of carving would be taught? Who would be teaching and what are his/her qualifications?

Comment

I agree my question is vague. Please ignore.

Comment

Good thing I don't have a cat....that curiosity thing again.
        IF you have thought about offering video for carvers???? Sorry, Pallin....
        Elam...GO FOR IT!!!!
        I am interested in all things, carving. I don't have a "style" or a particular focus for my carving.
        I have carved only 1 santa.... I have carved several duck decoys...done some freeform/abstract kinds of things, I have pierced some of my woodturnings, carved several body parts...(nothing x-rated YET) and 1 (so far) cremation urn.

Video some samples, post them and send the links to us!!! I would love to see your work.

Comment

Are you interested in giving classes or viewing classes and on what subject?

Answering that would clear it up a bit.

There are quite a few threads about on-line classes.

Llike these: http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...-classes-8432/

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...classes-23576/

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...classes-23576/

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...-videos-24905/
          Member of Caricature Carvers of America
          My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Re: Woodcarving - online classes

not vague at all good idea I have seen guitar players do it, and some offer interactive. the right carver could do it and probably makes some money doing it. There are things on you tube and Ian Norbury has them but they are not interactive, in other words you cant stop and ask a question its just a video. I would like to see some of the better carvers follow that lead and yes I would be willing to pay for a well done seminar.

Comment

Has anyone tried the classes offered at carvinonline.com? They don't offer much for power carvers (what else is new?) and while the "classes" aren't truly interactive, you supposedly can email the instructor with questions, etc.

Since I live in a woodcarving Sahara, I'm considering joining the site, but would appreciate feedback from anyone who has already tried any of these classes.

THANKS!

Comment

I just joined carvinonline. I took a class from Gerald Sears at War Eagle and he suggested it. There are a wide variety of topics, I really like it. I hope they continue to add new videos, because I have already watched a lot of them.

Comment

oh ya I did check it out a bit pricey for my blood but not a bad idea

Comment

I have sampled many of the online carving classes and most of them aren't really classes. They are just demonstrations in front of an audience or camera. They don't take the time to say "here is how you carve the eye..." then show you how, step by step. They just carve an eye. That is true of most of the youtube videos. The only ones that have been very helpful are Mary Mays. I've done all her freebies and they have been great. I still haven't signed up for the paid lessons, though, because I don't do much of her kind of carving.

For me, lessons need to be step by step lessons in every aspect of the particular carving. So go for it if you can really do lessons not just demos.

Comment

Step by step lessons. Me too.

Comment

Chris Pye offers on-line classes. I have only viewed the free lessons and it looks like it would help in the learning process and I think it is less than 10.00 per month.
                        I am seriously considering joining this and if anyone has any feedback on the lessons I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
                        Jim

Comment

Elam, I don\'t believe your comments about online carving classes was
                          vague, I for one am always interested in online carving classes. These
                          types of classes can always help people far removed from actual carving
                          instructions for those of us that are far removed from any actual carving
                          instructors.
                          Oscar

Comment

Realize ur talking to someone who hasn\'t been active in a couple yrs.
                            Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

Free online classes?

Comment

Working...
                              X