I give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up!

I really hate to say it. I know Bob has worked hard and overtime to get this new disaster working but there isn\\\'t even anybody on line anymore. Today I went to New s and all I got was a white screen. I went to enlarge pictures and I got a black screen. I can hardly read the print because it is so small and if I try to enlarge the print the Search box gets huge and overrides the other things on that bar and the right info goes off the page. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m using a Samsung Chromebook and have none of these problems on any other forum. Personally, I think its time to start all over again with one of the standard forum formats that seem to be used by all the other forums. There seems to be two or three standard ones. This was the finest Woodcarving Forum on the internet and now there just isn\\\'t hardly anybody even trying. Guess I\\\'ll check in a month or two... Sorry, Bob, I know you have tried but it isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t working and after this time I just can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t believe it will ever worked.

Re: I give up!

And I didn\'t put any of those slashes into the message above. They just popped up when I went to do an edit!

Comment

I have to agree with Earl, I can\'t enjoy browsing. I will stop back in a month as well.

Comment

Maybe the \"IT guys\" need some to add a consultant with greater expertise? The job doesn\'t appear to be getting done. I appreciate the service the site had rendered, and I miss it, but I don\'t really need any more frustrations in my life at the moment. Any site, free or not, loses appeal when its aggravation factor is greater than the benefits being provided at a given time. I\'m concerned that we will lose members that we won\'t get back, and lose a lot of what makes the site a valuable resource. I apologize if I am ruffling any feathers with this post; and no criticism of BobD is intended.
        Arthur

Comment

The slash marks are a hoot!
          This is an old but hopped up SEANIX tower with Win7Home Premium and the Firefox browser. My other machine is a Dell tower with Win7Professional/Firefox. Those 2 versions of Win 7 are quite different from eachother.
          But. I can get in here OK with both of them. To be sure, there seems a different glitch every day. They both read/write every other interest forum that I belong to.

There has to be something about your Chromebook which does not like the way the screens are presented to you from this forum software. I can only suggest that you explore every possible item in the top green bar, read everything and try toggling things on and off.
          Brian T

Comment

It looks like some people do not read most of the new post..... new site is new learning....plus we have hackers again and other issues that Bob is dealing with. Hackers are at war with people....like making your life on the computer not so fun. The Russians hacked the site last Friday did you read the russian? People can moan and groan but I got two computers destroyed by hackers and malware...about a month ago. Thank God for my son the tech guy otherwise I would have to kiss the computer good bye...but they got into everything of mine had to be closed down and redone. Lets get the facts corrected.... they hacked into Hillary email....they sure in the heck can get into anything on the computer including your bank account. This is not a fun time...but they are working on the issues and yes people are not on,....for tons of reason....lets see I have been banned....not banned....log on and not log on....I keep trying. Screaming and yelling about it does nothing....the bugs have to worked out....that is the computer world....and tomorrow may be worst then todays. Nothing new in learning and doing is ever easy. Site will be up and working...as soon as the bugs are worked out and killed....until then go get a beer, draw up a new carving design and plan to make a killer post in the future.

Comment

can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t
              On note I notice everytime someone uses the apostrophe,... they get one to hundred of these ...////////// may be easier just to spell it out.
              Last edited by Claude; 03-28-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I\'ve got to agree. I still can\'t see most pictures, I never know if the forums going to work or not, just not good at all. I miss the old forum, but I\'ll check back once in a while to see if this ever gets straightened out.

Comment

Earl:
                  There are work-arounds.
                  For the blank white screen, realize that the search function is broken at the moment. Just look at the main forum page that lists all the different forums, and see what the date/time of the last post is. If it is a couple of days ago, no new posts!
                  For the photos, right-click on the thumbnail and select Open Link In New Window. A new window will appear with the photo in it; after looking at, close the new window and your original window with the post in it will reappear. Yes, it is not ideal; it is a work-around while the IT people get it fixed.

I have done a little programming in my time, and I NEVER got it right the first time; and what I was doing was not anywhere near as complex as this forum.

Di: note that there are no apostrophes in my post

Claude
                  My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

I don\'t get mad about the inconvenience of the bugs. Frustrated, yes. This site is way too valuable to me for me to avoid it! Y\'all have taught me more than I could have ever learned on my own!
                    Hazel Strickland
                    AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Can\'t seem to start a new thread so I\'m tapping into this one. Is anyone able to open thumbnails? All I get is a black screen.

Chuck

Comment

Honestly its a wonder that we can communicate with each other around the world, this was just a pipe dream 20 years ago. My hat goes off to the guys that have to write a program as complex as this. I just click each forum page and see what everyone is up to

Comment

Let\'s all take a ride on the Love Boat for all the friends we have here. When we get back Bob will have it all straightened out.

Mr. Roma

Comment

What an enigmatic logo for this place:

WCI Forums (very large print)
                            \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\

All nicely centered, of course.

No offense BobD, if I didn\'t chuckle at the glitches, I be pulling out what little hair I have left.
                            Brian T

Comment

I wish this forum was the way it used to be. It had its shortcomings but so does everybody and everything else in this life. I don’t think anything was broken so I don’t understand the efforts to fix it.

I used to have some great PMs about sharpening craving knives but now they’re lost and to me thats a tragedy.

I wish this forum could use one of the commonly used forum formats and get past this disastrously dysfunctional period. This is really a shame for everybody involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X