I give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up!

But the old one did not function fully. It was prone to hacking, the photo gallery uploads were non-functional amongst other things.
    I find it easy enough to work around the short comings of this one and it has the promise that it will get better and be able to be maintained.

Comment

Yeah Steev: we have to start over = pioneers, builders. More work that sitting in the boat, I don\'t mind that. Except that I\'d like to ruin the hackers.
      Lacumo: I know it\'s a chore and a bore, but ask again and let\'s rebuild this place. There\'s nothing on the internet with the knowledge that our WCI Forum members can contribute.

My only annoyance is the wipe-out of all the pix that everyone has posted over the years. WCI = means \"illustrations.\" But, BobD and the gang might that all back but they have to defend the site from new Russian hackers.
      Brian T

Comment

This is like one of those post apocalyptic movies where everyone is trying to pick up the pieces after their world was rocked and ravished, only WCI got taken down by evil hackers.
        Our leader Bob and his loyal assistants are trying their best in this new woodcarving world.
        At least we don\'t have to fight off flesh eating zombies.
        Far out and Peace man, it will all work out!
        My ETSY shop:
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

what is it with the Russians anyway? I cant figure out why they target this site . nothing for them to gain is there?
          Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

It\'s not just Russians and it\'s not just this site.
            Some hackers hack to get illicit gains, some do it just to do it.
            There is no apparent point to a lot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steev View Post
              But the old one did not function fully. It was prone to hacking, the photo gallery uploads were non-functional amongst other things.
              I find it easy enough to work around the short comings of this one and it has the promise that it will get better and be able to be maintained.
              Steev---Is there any chance my few saved PMs in the old forum format could be retrieved and I could get them back?

Comment

Originally posted by Lacumo View Post
                Steev---Is there any chance my few saved PMs in the old forum format could be retrieved and I could get them back?
                I just use the forum. You will need to talk to the moderators or admin for such things.

Comment

DITTO big time!!!!! to hstrick46\'s post
                  Last edited by miatawoman; 04-01-2015, 04:35 PM.
                  Thanks, Joan

Comment

To Earle and all the other frustrated users...take a moment to contact Bob D directly...He is extremely busy working on the problems but he will answer you back. I also had a ton of problems with this new site. I also complained a lot and was ready to give. But you know what...complaining doesnt get a thing done! Be patient, look for help. Also, Claude was a tremendous help...he is extremely knowledgeable and is more than willing to help. By contacting Bob D and Claude I was able to get back to navigating this new site. Things are not perfect yet but with time and patience WCI will get it right.
                    Keep On Carvin'
                    Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

It appears that the search function does not work at all now. Before I could get around the malfunction by using advanced search. Typing in this reply window is VERY difficult - only on this site - and gets worse as I go.
                      The hackers are clearly messing with the site still.

Comment

Phil, what are you trying to do that does not work for you? We could maybe suggest a work-around for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steev View Post
                          Phil, what are you trying to do that does not work for you? We could maybe suggest a work-around for you.
                          While I can\'t seem to start a new thread I don\'t have any major new problems but I do have one continuing issue. When I look at one of the sub forums and click on an image it comes up and as long as I remain in that forum images continue to come up. When I change to a different sub forum and try to view an image I\'m told that I\'m not logged in.

Since I logged in when I came to the site why do I have to continue to log in to view images when I change sub forums?

Comment

Steev - When I attempt a simple search of a forum, it says \"You have to wait 30 seconds between searches on this forum. . .\" I had no prior search. If I attempt an advanced search, I get a blank page with no message.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                              To Earle and all the other frustrated users...take a moment to contact Bob D directly...He is extremely busy working on the problems but he will answer you back. I also had a ton of problems with this new site. I also complained a lot and was ready to give. But you know what...complaining doesnt get a thing done! Be patient, look for help. Also, Claude was a tremendous help...he is extremely knowledgeable and is more than willing to help. By contacting Bob D and Claude I was able to get back to navigating this new site. Things are not perfect yet but with time and patience WCI will get it right.
                              I have to agree with Bob. Complaining will not fix the forum. Certainly letting BobD know of problems is a good thing.

There\'s no doubt the forum is going through a rough patch but throwing salt into wounds does nothing but poison the atmosphere. To be honest, I would not be surprised if WCI decided that this was more grief than they want to deal with but I can say for sure there are a lot of members here who are not just fair weather friends and we are more than willing to wait for fair weather because this forum is a treasure.
                              Terry

Comment

This place seems a lot like raising kids = there is a never ending list of things to do.
                                Brian T

Comment

Working...
                                X